Hydraulic pump question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
So i bought a new pump for my splitter, I went to change it today and noticed it looks like my inlet and outlets are in different spots on each pump. i attached some pictures although its hard to tell. one one the inlets closer to the shaft on the other the outlets closer to the shaft does that make any difference?

Attachments

• 090801_2006[00].jpg
    090801_2006[00].jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 090801_2007[00].jpg
    090801_2007[00].jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 189
Doesn't matter.

different brands maybe.
BUT are they different displacements, or one single and one two stage?

if you have done the homework for the pump selection, the ports won't matter. flip the pump around as needed.

Thanks for the replies. Hooked it up right after work today. Splits great. I can't believe i went this long without changing it. Old one was slow and single stage which made it a bear to split. Gotta watch my fingers now :shut:

Status
Not open for further replies.