Hydrogen Generators for Cars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wet1, you just posted the equation for cold fusion! OMG! Now we're all saved! Thanks Pook, or kOOp, or poop, or whatever! Wow.

Hey, on the O2 sims they may no longer be available. Was also reading articles about the manufacturer being stung by the EPA for selling them, and they were being forced to recall unsold stock.

If you are going to delete the rear O2s, then EFI Live is the way to go, or any other program that allows you to manipulate the computer directly.

Thanks all, I'll look into EFI Live. I didn't totally remove the cats, just popped a couple holes in them and remounted. They were stuffed up and causing performance issues. There was some talk earlier about thermodynamics regarding energy in and energy out. Considering the H2 unit on a car would be powered indirectly off the alternator and that alternators put out power whether used or not (correct?), is it possible that there would be a net gain? I'm still not buying it, just curious.

Most of the energy produced by combustion in an engine goes to waste (look at how much effort goes into cooling it!).

A strain on the electrical system effects mileage- so there is some extra gas being used to generate hydrogen if using the alternator. Only if the engine somehow directs some waste energy into the electrical system that would otherwise have gone to waste heat should you have any possible efficiency gain. On top of that- the use of that hydrogen is not going to be super efficient either, and much energy is lost as heat in exhaust and engine parts.

So- Energy from gas > energy in the form of H2 and O2 > Energy from H2/O2 combustion.

Does the H2 and O2 introduction somehow also make gasoline combustion more efficient? I have no idea.

GotzTheHotz said:
Thanks all, I'll look into EFI Live. I didn't totally remove the cats, just popped a couple holes in them and remounted. They were stuffed up and causing performance issues. There was some talk earlier about thermodynamics regarding energy in and energy out. Considering the H2 unit on a car would be powered indirectly off the alternator and that alternators put out power whether used or not (correct?), is it possible that there would be a net gain? I'm still not buying it, just curious.

Hey Gotz, as the electricity needs of your auto increases (lights, fan motors, hydrogen generator) the drag of the alternator is increased (inductance), and more hp is required to turn it = more fuel.

Thanks guys, makes sense. Adios, some of the documentation I saw stipulates that yes, it helps improve combustion. Funny, there's a guy doing these upgrades locally for hundreds of dollars, that's why I first looked into it. If I could just convert the truck to those plutonium pellets, that would be great. Paging Hog!

Status
Not open for further replies.