Hydronic space heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingpol

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2010
Merrimack Valley, MA
This post may be better off in the boiler room, but here goes. I'm looking for advice on what brand or model heater I should get for my basement. The area is approximately 24' x 28' with 7' ceilings. It is unfinished and there poly foam board between the rafters to the first floor. I have forced hot water system with boiler and 3 zones. What I am looking for is a small hydronic coil type heater with a fan pushing air out across the coil. I can locate it right near my boiler and add another zone. The basement at its' coldest is about 50 degrees, but I do a lot of tinkering down there and I would like it around 65 degrees. I can easily add another zone. We use a woodstove on nights and weekends, so the boiler isn't running all the time. I figure I would need a smaller unit. I've seen some that put out 18,000 btu's but that is based on 200 degree water. I've looked at the toe-kicker heaters but I think a ceiling hanging type that looks like a modine may fit the bill. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Hello

When I put my fireplace in the livingroom I had to block up 9 feet of baseboard so I put a Hydronic Kickspace Heater in the raised hearth like the QUIET ONE KS2006 HYDRONIC KICK SPACE HEATER 7500 BTU. It works great!

Here is a link to one on ebay but I got mine at HomeDepot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ff695c5&itemid=290471038248&ff4=263602_263622

In the basement I put in an Electric Kickspace heater in the Wood pellet stove raised hearth as a backup. It will heat the room!!

Good Luck

See Black Grill in Hearth - Thermostat is on wall

Attachments

• TRHPelletStove 018SC.jpg
    TRHPelletStove 018SC.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 237
Thanks Don,

I've seen these on a few sites. I think I need it to be off the ground. I do a lot of woodworking and the area I am planning to put it is prone to a wet floor in heavy rains. All the plumbing is up by the joists also. I will go to a few local supply houses and see what they have.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.