I almost cried

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1234

Dec 5, 2008
Colorado
My 19 year old son was borrowing my S10 wood truck while his car was in the shop. He went by a house with a sign "free firewood" in the front yard. This is the important part - he didn't call me and tell me about it - he loaded the truck up with wood (apple tree it turns out) and brought it home. I almost cried with joy.

1. Thats a good kid
2. You should take him out for some oysters, crabs, or whatever food the two of you love
3. Good job raising a considerate person...pat yourself on the back

Wow! When I started to read "almost cried", "19 year old", and "borrowed truck" I was bracing for the part where he wrapped it around a pole or something.

You done good raising the boy.

:clap:

awesome

Awesome! I hope some day my 5 week old will think of me like that. :)

You must of done something right raising him, my kids would never do something like that. They would probably try to sell the wood to me. :lol:

Makes you wish you had loaned him a Full Size with a 7' bed.

I think you should tell him, thank you and he will stand out in his generation. Nice job, kiddo.

Kind of makes up for when he was doing somethign bad and you didn't catch him. The universe is once again in karmic balance.

Great job!

I was a little nervous when I started to read your post. I had thoughts of a wrecked truck. Pretty impressive performance by your son. I would reward him, it might bring you more wood in the future. I can only hope my girls will do likewise when they are older.

I would reward him simply for being a good little doobie. Forget rewarding him just so you will hopefully get more wood in the future - reward him because he has turned out to be a good person and deserves it based on thinking of another and doing something nice for no other reason.

newstove said:
I would reward him simply for being a good little doobie. Forget rewarding him just so you will hopefully get more wood in the future - reward him because he has turned out to be a good person and deserves it based on thinking of another and doing something nice for no other reason.

When I first read that, I swear it said "I would reward him with a good little doobie" ROFL! You'll get a load of firewood 3x a week!

mike1234 said:
My 19 year old son was borrowing my S10 wood truck while his car was in the shop. He went by a house with a sign "free firewood" in the front yard. This is the important part - he didn't call me and tell me about it - he loaded the truck up with wood (apple tree it turns out) and brought it home. I almost cried with joy.

The fact that your son picked up some wood is good.

The fact that the wood turned out to be apple is better.

The fact that your son -- at this age -- thought enough to take time out of his day and pick up some wood, knowing it would thrill you is the best thing about this post.

NoPaint said:
1. Thats a good kid
2. You should take him out for some oysters, crabs, or whatever food the two of you love

I disagree. It's a set up.

A set up? Not sure what you mean, but he is a great kid, and he didn't do it with ulterior motives.

Thank's to the rest of you for your great comments, I let Nick read them, he liked that I bragged on him, and he thanked you all for your kind words.

Bigg_Redd said:
NoPaint said:
1. Thats a good kid

I disagree. It's a set up.

Fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.