I am about done and ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayakkeith

Sep 20, 2010
West Virginia
Last full pick up truck load of mostly oak and locust and the shed and racks around house are full. Probably have 5 to 6 cords and wont burn it all unless it gets really really cold

Attachments

• IMG-20111008-00167.jpg
    IMG-20111008-00167.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 782
Looks good...mine is still stacked out in the wind for now. Still warm here, but
I need to get some under cover before the rain starts. I think this year I am
going to put up a metal carport with enclosed sides to store some wood in. I
just dont have the time to build a wood shed this year... :-/

kayakkeith said:
Last full pick up truck load of mostly oak and locust and the shed and racks around house are full. Probably have 5 to 6 cords and wont burn it all unless it gets really really cold

kayakkeith, nice load of firewood. Your shed looks nice too.

zap

Nice day to get the work done, I should have my shed done next week, that'll open up more room to finished my splitting. Looks like you have a little splitting left too.

Splitting is never done as I am always find a stray dead and down tree in the national forest around here
Here is a picture of the shed before wood when it was finished this summer

Attachments

• IMG-20110617-000641.jpg
    IMG-20110617-000641.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 631
oh - its 20 feet by 10 feet and about 10 ft high at front and 8 ft at back

Nice shed.
Feels good to have allot of wood all stacked up don't it.
Good work!
Hopefully you won't need that oak for a year or 2, it'll take longer to dry than the other wood.

kayakkeith said:
Splitting is never done as I am always find a stray dead and down tree in the national forest around here

Great looking woodshed Keith!

Ray

kayakkeith said:

very nice shed.

i think when i build mine i'm gonna add a poker room on the side.

OT

As far as the oak and most of the other wood - nothing has over 17% moister on the meter - in fact most is around 10% or so. Most everything I cut up is always dead and down or dead and standing - the stuff on the bench there is just some extra stuff that will sit there probably until spring before I split that

Good looking woodshed . . . much better full than empty. :)

firefighterjake said:

Jake it was good to meet you at Woodstock..

Ray

raybonz said:
firefighterjake said:

Ray

Same here Ray . . . you struck me as the type of guy who I would be friends with if you were my neighbor . . . wicked nice guy . . . hope you enjoyed the Maine whoopie pie, needhams and Moxie.

firefighterjake said:
raybonz said:
firefighterjake said:

Ray

Same here Ray . . . you struck me as the type of guy who I would be friends with if you were my neighbor . . . wicked nice guy . . . hope you enjoyed the Maine whoopie pie, needhams and Moxie.

I have a sister in Maine and friends in Portland, I go up to Maine all the time and I never heard of these til now. Just looked them up, Im going to have to order some and try them out.

http://maineneedham.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=27

firefighterjake said:
raybonz said:
firefighterjake said:

Ray

I never travel alone but I never felt that way Jake.. I replied about the Whoopie pie and needham on another thread and my daughter and I split that pie and man that was wicked good!! Thanx Jake! :) You're a nice guy as well! I can be tough when I need to be so beware lol.. I hope to be at Woodstock again next year..

Ray

kayakkeith said:
Great looking woodshed. I like the front overhang

Status
Not open for further replies.