I am all set for this winter - Just got my 4 tons delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pibe75

Mar 24, 2008
East Hartford, CT
Hey everybody:

I am all set for the coming winter. I order 2 tons of New england and 2 tons of Maine wood pellets from a dealer close by. Paid 1102 total. The guy only charge me 40 bucks for delivery. This was the best priced around here. I bought last year 3 tons from them and they were pretty good. CJs pellets in Manchester.

What about you guys/gals, are you buying early or waiting to see if the prices go down. If you did buy early how much did you pay with delivery?

Just purchased a full truckload, 24 tons for $190.00/ton FOB.

4 tons of CleanFire (NEWP) from PelletSales.com were delivered to me yesterday. Same price as you w/ delivery...$275/ton.

Now it's time to search for even cheaper pellets.

Attachments

• cleanfirepellets.JPG
    cleanfirepellets.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 489
No waiting here. Have a little over 3 tons consisting of Cleanfire left over from this season.
A ton of Lignetics I grabbed last month. Split 1 ton of Omalley
with forum member jack56 yesterday @ $265 a ton cash/carry - Thanks again Jack! -
And a bunch of misc. bags consisting of Omalley, NEWP, and Appling County.
newstash.jpg

No waiting here either.

4 ton of Green Supreme (NEWP) in storage ready for next season.

I found a guy that was going out of business and still had a few ton of pellets left over
from last year.

I bought 2 ton from him for $250 a ton, and bartered a deal with him for the 3rd ton.
He delivered all 3 for $50.00. I also have 1 ton left over from this season because
the stove has only been running part time these last couple of months.

Picked up a ton yesterday for $249.00, and going for another ton today at 84 Lumber.
Bounced around between waiting hoping $$ will come dow, but I dont think they will, so Im stocking up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.