I am done with this, I am calling the stove shop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
swestall said:
I bet that smell wouldn't bother me if it was heating my shop. It is crazy, that is one nice stove and it heats like a champ.
What do the dealer guys say when they actually smell the smell>>?

The smell would bother you I can guarantee it, even in your shop. That is the problem it does heat like a champ, I love how it rips and gives heat and heat and heat! I can't get this above 400F without the smell coming. I have heated the stove high (700F) for hours thinking there might be some curring left, but not after a year. Here I type with this smell driving me crazy........It is not the wood, I have used many types, no fungus, good seasoned. The stove shop is coming tomorrow and if they don't give me satisfaction I am going to complain to the Pacific Energy company itself. I have new double wall pipe, and fairly new class A chimney pipe on top. It has to be the stove, there is nothing left to look at, the pipe is clean inside, there must be something either with the stove itself or maybe the baffle or insulation inside the firebox. Either way this is by no means my fault and I am kicking myself that I did not do something sooner. I just simply ran it about 400 or 350F all the time, this would decrease the smell dramatically, still there though. :shut:

Status
Not open for further replies.