I am happy happy today LOL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
So I ride the hawg down to get it inspected, and decided to have em change fluids etc. Then decide, no floor in my garage yet, and can't get it into the house yet. So I leave it there where they wash, wax & polish and add fuel stabilizer and store covered for winter. It was a tad chilly riding down, but I was prepared so no biggie.
I get inside, they have a $600.00 set of pipes for $430.00. I snagged em.....here I said, while yer at it puttem on, see ya next year LOL.
Get home, come inside, the OL has wood in the Summit, and the splits are in East to West........ Argh, I kindly explain they go North to South, and when it gets to about 400 degrees, shut down the air. I have told her this unpteenth times. OK kiss kiss, out to split a cord or so. Come back in, she just got done loading more wood in. Shes been feeding the sucker the whole time, 80 degrees in house. I am sweating. I said "honey" its 80 degrees in here, take a break LOL. "but it was getting low", I had to explain the coals are good and will last several hours. It was a good day and I didn't let things bother me as they sometimes do. Between the ride, the new pipes, the wood splitting and dirt cheap heat, I am a king in his own castle. ;)
Life is good, with fresh air, warm fire & soon a few cold beers. ;)

Sounds like life is good "but" it's a bummer you can't ride till spring, you need a rat bike you can put in the barn for those unexpected nice days, get out and blow the cob webs out ya know.

rdrcr56 said:
Sounds like life is good "but" it's a bummer you can't ride till spring, you need a rat bike you can put in the barn for those unexpected nice days, get out and blow the cob webs out ya know.

;), This is the first year I won't hav the bike in the house. Usually, when I get a decent day, I just pull her out and go. But, with how busy things have been, I won't have the time anyways. Guess I'll have to fire up the International on those days and take her through the woods. I have a few escape vehicles handy for just that purpose. ;)

Well what r ya waitin fer? Get a floor in that garage
so your baby can sleep close to home. Your bike is
going to be soooo mad at you. ;-P

Garage is 40 x 30, its alot of floor to have poured. Hoping to have enough to get it done next summer. Prolly still park the bike in the house though. Habit

Bike in the house... been there, done that!

I can relate to the sweating in the house. Wife is upstairs snuggled under a down comforter. it's 45 degrees outside. in the hallway located on the other side of the stairs from the stove room, it's 78 degrees. I'm sweating my arse off but the chemo has really torn my bride down today so I'll feed the stove and keep the temp up if she says she feels chilly.

by the way, I split about 2/3 cord today. brought home only a truck load of it. didn't need the wood but a friend needed iti gone.

Had a friend years ago that heard a noise and got up to investigate. Two dudes were rolling his Sportster out of the kitchen onto the back poach.

He went about 270 in those days and two guys got hurt real bad that night.

Sounds like a good day to me, Hogz. Well - with all of the construction going on, its probably best that the baby hibernates in a good safe place. When you get around to bringing her out of storage in the spring... it'll be like christmas with the new pipes.

But - always nice to have the bike inside for the winter when you can check up on them easily

Attachments

• 10-31-07.JPG
    10-31-07.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 265
Harley said:
Sounds like a good day to me, Hogz. Well - with all of the construction going on, its probably best that the baby hibernates in a good safe place. When you get around to bringing her out of storage in the spring... it'll be like christmas with the new pipes.

But - always nice to have the bike inside for the winter when you can check up on them easily

Good thing you weren't a Brit bike lover. That is nice carpet. A Triumph would have waterproofed it in about two hours time.

BrotherBart said:
Good thing you weren't a Brit bike lover. That is nice carpet. A Triumph would have waterproofed it in about two hours time.

LOL - I wouldn't have done it with some of my previous bikes, BB - actually it is resting on a piece of scrap carpet left over from when I put that in there. It's a good thing that all of the newer harley's come from the factory "house trained".

Hog BTW how did you make out with your heating and duct work?

BrotherBart said:
Harley said:

how true I had a Norton 750 comando always leaked a BSA 450 scrambler leaked

would like to get another bike but the fair lady is dead against it even forced me to sell my 1952 Indian Chief. I used to have fast cars all gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.