I am in it for the support.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this guy. People who grow softwoods in their yards don't deserve our support. Helping them clear down trees would be enabling.

This guy has a lot of nerve. It is a different world we live in today. Very disappointing!!!

Wow. What happened to helping out your fellow citizens & community?

I guess that only counts if they have only hardwoods on the property.

I say he should just lay off the do-gooder schtick and come right out & say what he wants here. I guess he's trying to be sensitive since the storm took such a toll in lives and homes... but just makes him look like an a$$.
"If you have a tree down that is too big for you to cut I'd be happy to remove it for you in exchange for the firewood. I can cut up to a XX" diameter trunk with my saw. I'm looking for hardwoods only."
I can't believe he even needs an add in that area. I'd think lately if you had a truck & a saw in that area you find plenty of people happy to be rid of a downed tree.

This guy is a rip off artist.

We had a tornado five years ago. The on scene commander closed access to the damaged neighborhoods. Volunteers had to get a pass from a fire department lieutenant to gain access. Over 500 people met his standards and all were volunteers. They had the downed trees cut and bucked and the debris on the curb in two days. It was amazing. I was surprised to find there are churches that have disaster response teams that showed up highly organized, equipped, and filled with talented loggers. This is a logging area and there are some real experts in the community.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/sgf/?n=stjamestrackmap_small

Thank goodness it missed the vineyards, wineries, and taverns. Not that I go to any of those places.

Future Craigslist Ads.

I am a firefighter of many years and my heart goes out to all those with fires in their homes. I have seen the destruction that fire can do to a home and want to help by putting my expertise and training to good use. I have the equipment and can fight fires (Maine Style which as you know varies from both the East Coast Rap and West Coast Rap . . . I mean Style of Training.) I have seen many good people trying to fight fires in their own homes and they are trying to do the best they can with their small garden hose, but I've got the gear, training and equipment to deal with the major fires (i.e. The Big One, The Worker, etc.) So please call if you have a fire and I will gladly do my small part to help you out . . . only call me though if you can provide cool beverages and a nice dinner afterwards as a way of thanking me.

I am a firefighter of many years and have had to deal with fuel spills. I have seen many people dealing with fuel spills and recognize that this is a major expense and bad for the environment. I can help. I have both a large supply of absorbent pads and more importantly many empty gas cans which I will readily fill up with the leaking gasoline because I care for you and the environment and my heart goes out to everyone who has a major fuel spill. Please only call me though if the fuel is uncontaminated and at least super unleaded.

I am a firefighter who has much experience in dealing with motor vehicle accidents. I know how to handle the Hurst Extrication Tool (aka The Jaws of Life) as well as other hydraulic extrication tools. My heart goes out to those folks who crash their vehicles . . . especially trucks carrying live lobster to the Boston markets. I recognize that many people do their best when an accident occurs, but they do not have the training or equipment to deal with these major incidents (aka The Big One) and so I will volunteer my time and equipment to help out. Only turned over trucks carrying live lobsters.

As long as he says "god bless" at the end every thing is ok.
I forgot, the 911 terrorists probably said it before contact with those buildings also!

firefighterjake said:
Future Craigslist Ads.

I am a firefighter who has much experience in dealing with motor vehicle accidents. I know how to handle the Hurst Extrication Tool (aka The Jaws of Life) as well as other hydraulic extrication tools. My heart goes out to those folks who crash their vehicles . . . especially trucks carrying live lobster to the Boston markets. I recognize that many people do their best when an accident occurs, but they do not have the training or equipment to deal with these major incidents (aka The Big One) and so I will volunteer my time and equipment to help out. Only turned over trucks carrying live lobsters.

This i an oldie.. it happened in CT where the fd took the lobsters....

Sounds like a really nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.