I am really starting to hate winter!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CowboyAndy said:
Why the F$#% do I live here? Do you all know that in Hawai'i the high and lows are within 3 or 4 degrees EVERY DAY OF THE FREAKIN YEAR??!?!?!?!

I think the changes of seasons is highly overrated.

Ice Storm on Fri-Sat, 6-8 inches of snow Tuesday, -30 today.
Where is El' Nino' when you need it?

Webmaster said:
White out........in RI and Ma.
It's not the snow....it's that 40MPH wind that is making it come down sideways.
had that yesterday nice cold punch behind it!

Well, we're continuing to get back-to-back storms dumping 8 inches or more at a time. Snow is now almost waist high in my yard--I keep trying to keep snow off roofs of outbuildings that were damaged in last year's record snow falls. It looks like this year may top last year for total accumulation in our valley--we're to get another 8 inches today then a killer system that will dump close to 2 feet more over the weekend. We're to have no relief since the 10-day forecast is showing below normal temps with snow everyday through next Friday, 9 Jan. 09. Roofs are starting to collapse in the area and we've got avalanche warnings in my valley. Winter can stop at anytime.

(Figures we'd have this month-long bought of extreme winter weather. The battery on my lawn tractor, which has a snow plow mounted, was killed in the sub-zero cold. When I put a new one in, low and behold, the solenoid died. I'm waiting on a part to repair it. Unfortunately, my neighbor, who bought a brand new snowblower when my tractor battery died--I plow both drives out--had the damned thing die on him after only 2 weeks. The differential on the auger is burned out. Rather than trying to deal with transporting it to a repair shop for warranty work, he's ordered parts, which won't get in for at least a week, too. So, it's shovel time. I'm getting sick of having to shovel each and every day.)

I was just watching tv and they were showing some places for sale
down in the Carribbean....Could you imagine!!! And at a time like this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.