I am so behind on getting wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats awesome! My 4 year old son loves to ride on the "Vroom-vroom" aka 4-wheeler. I have a Cabelas sump cart and have added sides to it to increase its load. BTW, I highly recomend this cart. Anyways, he always goes with me and helps to throw the roudns into the cart..Although, he throws the small rounds in and the occassional stick or branch too!

My 3 year old is co-pilot captain on the simplicity sovereign. He loves riding on it.

Always seems to be projects and kids and life piling up in the way of my firewood work. I manged to get a couple hours in yesterday, but this evening i have to go mow the mother in laws grass. I'll get some Friday evening, Sat is out, Sun the wife wants me to setup the kids pool. I need 4 cords. I have 21/2 split and stacked. I have another 2 cords worth of trees dropped in a back pasture that were cut in the spring. A cord of hard maple that was cut into 2.5-3 foot sections and delivered by a friend last year that needs to be split and resized. A good 3 or 4 cords worth of downed oak and hard maple thats a good 2-4 years old but very usable waaaaaay back in a field that needs to be split and moved. What I need is a weeks firewood vacation that my family doesn't know about.

FIREFIGHTER29 said:
Talk about a road of tough breaks..thought I was good with my saw which is a fifteen year old husky that has treated me well...and has been re-built two times quit on me exactly two days after I dropped 1 G on a splitter?!?! So now, here I am with this dilemma of trying to decided on to spend who knows how much on getting my old saw fixed or just going out and smoking the credit card on a new saw...Why couldn't this stuff happen a week before I got the splitter???

If you already rebuilt this twice I would be looking at a different brand for sure. I have a 25 year old stihl and it still is running, never rebuilt, and has cut up a lot of wood. I used to cut our 6 cord load up and the neighbors too for quite a few years.

Sorry to hear it quit again. A new one would be a good investment if you can stand the cost after the splitter. Most are around $300.00 depending on what you get and should last quite a few years.

A weeks firewood vacation sounds perfect!

My 5 year old tags along with me everywhere I go. Just last night I was putting the interior back into my truck (kids spilled stuff that caused a really bad smell) after cleaning the rug. My little one was all over me. As I am laying on my back reaching behind the dash, there he is laying next to me to "see". Finally he went into the garage and fell asleep on the unbolted seat, which was around midnight. I had to carry him in the house when the coyotes were yelping nearby. Splitting wood, he is right there with me as well. Only hit him once with flying piece of wood.

While I love processing wood for a fire, time with family and other projects sometimes make it difficult. But it will get done, not because I like it, but the cost of propane was out of sight last year and I know it is only going to get worse. Plus nothing like watching a fire in the winter, sitting in the big leather chair and watching tv.

my 14 year old is stacking as I type, I know he really does not like doing it but he never complains too much about it either, when ever I go get wood I take him along to help load/unload.

Elderthewelder said:
my 14 year old is stacking as I type, I know he really does not like doing it but he never complains too much about it either, when ever I go get wood I take him along to help load/unload.

My teenagers are fantastic about chipping in.
My son says it helps get him in shape for football.

Status
Not open for further replies.