I am sooo bummed!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I too harsh on the kid? :coolsmirk:

Time for some tough love: You know why you are in the predicament, yet you apparently did not take any measures to help avoid it. Learn to clean your chimney yourself. You already know from reading on here how to burn properly(and what to burn).

In the meantime, you can go hangout here: http://www.thepropaneforum.com/ :lol:

skinnykid said:
I also have a small stove which is impossible to get an "all night" burn from. So I run it real slow at night to get what I can outta it.

That is probably some of my troubles.

Tell Sponge Bob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy and Mr. Crabs I said hi!

If you have a backup heating system and it is impossible to get an all night burn anyway, then why try?
By running it real slow you are plugging your chimmey with unburned fuel.
Open the draft a bit and let that fuel burn so it puts some heat into the house even if it burns out in the middle of the night you get more BTUs into the house.

Just riffing on Andre's post...skinny you really don't need much heat to sleep so save the wood for when your up and about the house. That way you can burn hotter and the family can enjoy the warmth.

Think he's at Home Depot?

^if its a plugged so bad he can't burn it's best to gently use a rope and balled up chain...

...he'll just be getting the brush stuck if it as bad as he says. geeez I hope that doesn't happen.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Think he's at Home Depot?
he probally fell off the roof by now........he pobally has a 12/12 pitched metal roof with 3" of fresh snow on it from last nite

He must be frozen to the roof, by now.

There's nothing like a chimney sweep and weep sympathy card. Our thoughts and dreams of a clean chimney are with you tonight as the temp goes into the single digits in NH.

Hey guys, I wasn't at Home Depot, frozen to the roof or fell off my house. This forum don't let me post from work.

Just waiting for the chimney guy to come in a couple of days, I am having withdrawels!

When the chimney guy comes, I am gonna take notes, watch and take pics of what hey does to earn my hard earned $$.

That way, I can do it myself and live a happy free life without dependancy!

But what I was wondering and I am sure I will find this out when he comes, won't alot of the crud from the chimney fall into the stove pipe where the stove pipe meets the chimney?

Skinnykid, sweeps should have vacuums to clean out the crud. If the pitch of your roof is not too steep running a brush down is no problem. The omly time I panicked was when the brush became unscrewed from the rods, and was ten feet down the flue. I managed to screw the rods back onto the brush and now I make sure it is really tight. BTW do you sell guns or just collect?

skinnykid said:
But what I was wondering and I am sure I will find this out when he comes, won't alot of the crud from the chimney fall into the stove pipe where the stove pipe meets the chimney?

Yes, it does , so do not , I repeat, DO NOT stick your head in the stove while he is sweeping. It will ruin your camera and clog your sinuses. :lol:

On the more practical side - make sure he puts tarps on floor around the stove and closes the door before he sweeps or you will have a mess to clean up when he is done.

I collect and use guns. I am actually shipping one down to FL. to a buyer. A Springfield Armory Pistol.

Thanks.

Eat a pizza, and quit being so skinny.
Gain 50 pounds.
That will help keep you warm.

Just kidding

Brad

bfunk13 said:
Eat a pizza, and quit being so skinny.
Gain 50 pounds.
That will help keep you warm.

Just kidding

Brad

Seriously?

Most people are amazed at the amount of food I can slam down and not gain a pound!! Me and my G/F are the same way, we eat and eat and don't gain. Our food bill is crazy for just 2 adults and a toddler and baby.

Just a joke dude!

No seriously, get that fireplace screen saver going on your computer.
Fire up the space heater, and you're good to go. :lol:

Brad

skinny, how long has it been since you had the chimney cleaned? sounds to me like you are in the market for a new, larger stove, so you can properly burn through the nite. time to stop smoldering pine, and start burning wood!!!!

Crabbypatty said:
skinny, how long has it been since you had the chimney cleaned? sounds to me like you are in the market for a new, larger stove, so you can properly burn through the nite. time to stop smoldering pine, and start burning wood!!!!

Crabby, you are exactly right!

The chimney was inspected last April.

For those who keep track of these things, i have been correct twice in this thread!!!!! (according to skinny)

Status
Not open for further replies.