I am stumped. expert needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbinder

Jan 24, 2010
Carlisle, Pa
Help please... I am new to stoves and just purchased and installed a timberidge 49-trc22. up to now I have been very happy I have burned less than 10 bags of pellets and 200lbs corn through it. It now shuts off out of the blue and i get a burn pot full of unburned fuel. I called englander and they had me check the vac hole for blockage and the auger for bridging both seam fine. I burn a mix of corn and pellets. Best I can tell the exhaust blower must be shutting down putting the fire out because the last time it quit the corn was scorched but not burned not like it ran out of fuel. Is it the exhaust blower motor or control panel ? how can you tell which one ? this is still under warranty but I would like to get an idea before i call them back tomorrow. One last thing does the exhaust blower slow down at shut off or is it one speed only. I listened to the blower while it was shutting off and the blower was running really slow but when I restarted the stove it fired and ran fine this is the problem it can run for hours then bam shuts off.

Sorry if i missed anything, any help is appreciated

Ed

Welcome cornbinder,

A fellow member has a similar stove and had similar issue's

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/48060/

The next thread was about it running much better with a vacuum switch jumped out.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/51136/

You might want to call costumer service and or e-mail Mike Holton [email protected] or [email protected]

Mike is a member here and works for Englander stove works. Here is his member name. You could also PM him. stoveguy2esw

Hope this helps
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.