I am very happy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff

Feeling the Heat
Jun 5, 2008
Southeastern MA
It got down to at least -2° last night and I left my stove on medium as we always do. The stove did not appear to cycle any more often than it does at +20° nor did it seem to burn more pellets than usual. Our stove has worked absolutely flawlessly, not one single problem since install last August. Of course I may be more particular about cleaning my stove than most, and I also use my pellet vac to clean every bag of pellets before I use them, but we are very pleased in every way.

It's unfortunate to hear that some have so many problems with their stoves, but are there any others here who have had zero problems?

Happy Heating!

Steve

Hey Steve,

(knock on wood pellets before i say this...LOL) "0" problems with the Astoria since install in Sept. Burning NEWP hardwood right now. I too use the vacuum pellet cleaner, and keep the stove clean, but am not obsessive about it.

Had the stove on 3/4 last night, and it got down to -8 here. Main room was 70 degrees when I got up.

No complaints here.

Shortstuff said:
It's unfortunate to hear that some have so many problems with their stoves,
but are there any others here who have had zero problems?

Installed this stove in november 2005. Been happy as a pig in $hit ever since!
marsh.gif

I also had an August install and other than a tough to find exhaust leak at after the install
banghead.gif

I have been burning since with no problems. Even with some of the ashy pellets I've burned.

Had my Enviro Empress FS installed this April and naturally this is my first winter. I absolutely love this stove and even though it is only 35,000 BTU's, it does the job for what I need it to. I have an approximately 1,000 sq ft. area that I am heating right now and it is 10 degrees out, the stove is on the 3 setting and the room temp is 70.

I have found that my Lignetics are hotter than my NEWP, as I have really put the 2 brands to the test, these last few days. Although I will probably buy Lignetics for next year, the NEWP are also decent pellets, less ash and clinkers than the Lignetics, but I will take the better heat with the Lignetics any day.

I installed my stove this year and so far have been extremely happy with it. I have not had any problems just had to deal with the learning curve with setting my damper and draft rim and what not. I love my stove.

I want to knock on pellets like Macman for good luck! I bought an inexpensive stove that I was a little apprehensive about as far as safety and reliability, but was one of the only insert stoves I could find in August. I have been very happy with my US Stove. Not one issue. I've gone through about 2 tons and a couple of bags of corn, clean every Sunday takes about 1/2 hour and except for the 2 mornings of -10* the oil hasn't been on and the house is 70*+. If pellet prices are about $250 a ton I'm staying with pellets and don't care if I never burn another drop of oil.

Schoondog

Have had a Breckwell 2000 insert since March 2005. No problems. It was one of the few that would fit inside my shallow fireplace. Now, I can wear a t-shirt all winter in the living room. First year we were burning pellets, my fuel oil company called us to ask if anything was wrong--we were burning much less oil. Excel spreadsheets aside, that was a testament to our savings. Only negative is that the brochure and the web site show sparkling clean glass on those big bay windows. And I wish it were quieter, but you get used to it.

Can I get some info on this Pellet Vac? I am 1 week old with my stove and am learning alot here.This is the first I am hearing of a pellet vac.Please explain what it does how much it costs and where can I see one to purchase.'
Thanks

Go to youtube and type in pellet vac. You can find a video there.

go back to the top of this page and type pellet vac in the search box...i dont remember his username , but a guy built a nice one here for under $20 and it works VERY well. i built one this week end.

mike

I think his user name was shortstuff.

Yes I did make the post about my homemade Pellet Vac and use it for every bag.

See it here.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.