I believe. . . Fiskars Super Splitter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prajna101

Oct 15, 2009
Portland OR
OK, my home depot maul head finally broke off and I decided to buy a Fiskars Super Splitter. It sounded so much like a gimmick. I am amazed. Once cord of knotty pine and mytlewood later and I am sold.

At one point, I actually thought, "I would love to find some elm to try and split with this this thing." Ok, that might be a bit of a stretch, but still. Pretty amazing.

Merry Christmas. Happy splitting.

t

PS, I just ran outside and brought the Fiskars indoors for the night. It just seemed rude to leave it outside in the cold. Should I leave it in the pantry or try to bring it into bed with the wife? Hmm. Lets take it slow and let her know that there is a new member of the family later. Perhaps tomorrow the fiskars can enter the boudoir.

Yes, they are that good.

If anyone is hedging on purchasing this, they are coming out with a longer handle in 2011. I haven't looked to see if the new model in yet on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.