I bought a Harman XXV, I hope!!! and a few question’s.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90durham

Jul 18, 2008
Southeast Ontario
Hi: Very new to your site and the concept of heating with pellet's. Have been searching for a pellet stove the last month or so and my wife and I both agreed upon the XXV. I became very discouraged when reading about the supply issue's and asked our local dealer last Thursday here in Southern Ontario what the window for delivery might be. I have met this man a couple times and he impresses me as very knowledgeable and has been involved in wood heating for over 20 years.
He told me that as of last week he is much more positive concerning supply than he was the week before and that he had a couple from an order made in March that were not spoken for, the deposit was marginal so I went ahead and placed my name on one. I would personally be happy if it shows before peak heat season
Time for questions.
Is anybody receiving stoves from Harman and is there an educated guess on arrival for a spring order(thinkng when to get pellets).
A rough estimate on how much fuel I will need/ I know there are many variables but the basics are 2300 sq century home, centre hall design with wide open pocket/ french doors, new windows, well insulated, 2 story. My oil consumption the last 3 yrs has averaged 3500 litres/ 900us gallons. I am estimating 4 tons of premium and can get a float to haul and would like it in and stored.
Anybody with this stove with similar home size want to share fuel reduction estimate.
I am really enjoying this site and am crossing my fingers on having stove by Nov/ Dec.

Thanks very much

An order from March?

I ordered my stove during the first week of March. It arrived a couple of weeks later. It was not an XXV, but it was an Accentra insert, which is a pretty popular stove.

I have NO idea why this guy would still be waiting for an XXV that was ordered in March.

I also ordered a XXV (first week in June) he had a couple not spoken for on order so I took one of those.Anticipated delivery was end of July early August.I did just get a update from the dealer that new shipping time is now end of Sept on the XXV's.
I looked all over the Harman site to see if there is anyway to contact them,snail mail only,and see whats holding things up.One would think with new warehouse (http://www.harmanstoves.com/harman-facility-halifax.asp)
they should not be 2 months behind.Of course there could be a supplier to Harman that is slowing things up.

would be interested in hearing from any other XXV customers that are waiting for theirs.

I can't speak to how many pellets you will need but if you have the room buy them they are not going down in price.I ordered 4 tons first week in June also and still waiting on them)

Status
Not open for further replies.