I Built a Solar Collector (DHW)...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what I think yet. have a store bought one on my DHW system and its been flawless for 19 years. This one has some added costs, you have to have a 12 volt cube power supply. No big deal for me as I had one. He reccomends using another relay if you are using 120 volt pump, again I think I have one in some piece of equipment I have laying around. You also have to get it in some kind of box, again I have that no problem so its no biggee for me but for others those expenses would add up.

Great thread! I am planing to build a pex panel on the back of my barn in a couple of years. I will go with pex because I can make continus runs across the wall. I am planing 10' x 20' for winter heat. I have some comercial panels that I will mount for dhw that were scavanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.