I can get this stove cheap...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ03

Nov 25, 2008
maine
I can get this stove for around $250. He says it runs great. What do you all think???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ENGLAND-PELLET-STOVE_W0QQitemZ230317811665QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230317811665&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:2|294:50

...I think the ash and rust comes FREE!!
....but I guess it does not come with the Impingement plate:(

That looks rough......I spend another 250.00 and get the same stove on Craigslist......

guys im gonna tell ya , that stove looks like a train wreck! was abused very badly. i'd wave you off on that stove unless you want to put a lot of work into it. even then im not sure , could be some warpage in the heat exchangers couldnt tell for sure from the pictures but i do see signs that it could be there. i'd advise against buying that stove unless possibly for spare parts and even then who knows what works in it.

Good advice, Mike.

Looks like $250.00 worth of TROUBLE!!

yeah , i showed the pictures of the poor thing around here at the office and got a chorous of OMG!!!!!

guy says it "runs great" too , theres enough ash in that stove to plant an acre of corn in it, naaaah , its not worth messing with.

I'd listen to Mr.Holton on this one.
All I can say is WOW!

Stick a fork in her. She's done!

Raven20 said:

does craigslist not have pictures? im not that familiar with craigslist. would be nice to see what the stove looks like without having to go look at it. stove might be in pristine shape , might look like that other one , cant tell without seeing. if anyone is interested in that stove and can get the serial number i can look in our database and see if we have anything on it, if it was registered i can see if there is any history on the stove. no big deal for me to do it, just pm the info to me and i'll look it up when im in the office. almost like having "carfax" for a stove i guess.

stoveguy2esw said:
Raven20 said:

does craigslist not have pictures? im not that familiar with craigslist. would be nice to see what the stove looks like without having to go look at it. stove might be in pristine shape , might look like that other one , cant tell without seeing. if anyone is interested in that stove and can get the serial number i can look in our database and see if we have anything on it, if it was registered i can see if there is any history on the stove. no big deal for me to do it, just pm the info to me and i'll look it up when im in the office. almost like having "carfax" for a stove i guess.

The seller can put up to 4 pictures on Craigslist, if they want to....

Ive found my :
house
apartment before I bought a house
car
extra carseat for baby
snowblower
lawnmower
...and not to mention sold many things as well.

I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!

Apparently my saracsm did not come through the computer screen :)

I Especially like the "works Great" part. It looks like he rode 'er hard and left 'er wet, so to speak!

That has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen.

This is what this forum is about. Good sound advice from poeple who know there stuff, great job all.

stoveguy2esw said:
as hard as it is to believe , ive seen worse. i even have pictures of em at work

Mike, I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would LOVE looking over the pics you have of the "basket case" stoves...have any that are on your computer that you can post....maybe a couple a day?

stoveguy2esw said:
alas they are at work , i cant get to them from here , might can dig a few out and sneak em up from there one day

YES!

I cant resist looking at the new englanders at HD or Lowes, opening them up and gawking at how clean they are!
This stove pains me! Im so annal about cleaning my stove!
Mike, you must hate seeing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.