i cant believe this hasnt got a thread yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
Shirley temple passed away

http://news.yahoo.com/shirley-templ...pbDRtBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDMyMF8x

I grew up watching her movies as a child. my mom is simply beside herself.

what an amazing life , a child star who ended up growing up to be an ambassador found myself humming "animal crackers in my soup" a couple times today.

in a world where we hear about child stars who generally have bad press, maybe they should look at her life for inspiration

Reactions: valley ranch
Shirley and Pete, two stellar human beings have left us, but it's all about the antics of Justin and Miley.

Reactions: homebrewz
Shirley and Pete, two stellar human beings have left us, but it's all about the antics of Justin and Miley.
Pete was chopping wood about 6 days before he passed. I understand he did a little bit every day.

Yep. And Sid Caesar too.

did she burn wood?

Reactions: firebroad
She knew Natalie Wood.

a child star who ended up growing up to be an ambassador...

she became ambassador the same way they do it today, by raising money for politicians.

And never went through a revolving door at rehab and was married to the same guy for 55 years. Both unheard of for child stars of any era.

And she didn't like the taste of Shirley Temples. ;lol

Reactions: Bobbin
When Shirley Temple was six her mother took her to see Santa Claus. She said she stopped believing when Santa asked her for her autograph.

Yep. And Sid Caesar too.

Sid and Imogene (Madam Maxim)...... you prompted me to click on some of their video last nite. Thanx for that! 50's TV had such wonderful comedy!

Think I'll go back there right now.

Last edited:
Shirley you jest.

Surely you have to be kidding.

I'm not, and don't call me Shirley.

Roger Roger.

She was great, she made every one happy. Everyone loved her then. We feel, like we lost something, hearing she's gone. Didn't really believe she grew up, like everyone else, she was supposed to stay the way we remembered her. Makes a person realize no one lives for ever.

God love her, sorry she had to leave.

I have the official paperwork for my mother's membership in the Shirley Temple fan club. And the official button! Shirley Temple was a remarkable woman and one of the few fortunate "child stars" who had parents that protected her from being turned into grist for the Hollywood mill. I'm not surprised there was no mention of her here; her advanced age and a specific appeal faded with time. That she aged so gracefully speaks volumes.

Bright, articulate, and really very funny, too!

Who is this person you speak of . . . couldn't have been that famous since I don't think I've ever heard of her twerking or having a wardrobe malfunction. ;) :)

Reactions: Bobbin
With respect to Pete Seger... cracked me up that they "blacklisted" him but allowed him to play in SCHOOLS!

Yup! he was "good with that"... LOL. And we're a lot better because of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.