I can't figure out why my stove goes out at night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, thanks.

Well, it's happened several more times. Unfortunately, I never see it happen so it's hard to say what's happening. I'll turn my back and notice the temps drop and go to the stove and see it off with a burnpot full of pellets. It'll run for hours and sometimes days and then it happens. I'm starting to wonder if it's auger related??

sculptor said:
......I'm starting to wonder if it's auger related??
What your saying is that you think the auger is feeding too many pellets (coming on too often)? The auger is driven by a motor, that gets it's "directions" from the control board.

I don't think the auger is the problem. Have you spoken to Mike H. or Englander yet and described what's happening?

No. I was thinking too slow. I was hoping I could see it so I could give him more information on it, but I will talk with Mike.

I will be calling Mike on Monday, but I thought I would run this by the forum members to see if anyone has any ideas. It went out again last night. Again a burn pot full of unburnt pellets. I did note that the last couple of times it went out shortly after my nighttime hopper fill. Do you think it might be the fact that the auger stops while the lid is opened and struggles to catch up afterwards?? This is driving me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.