I can't make myself stop cutting!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Well truth is I ain't really trying too hard to stop. It's getting hot and humid down here but I'm still at it. Took this cherry down yesterday morning. I wont be happy until I'm a full 3 years ahead. I'm about two at the moment.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut on brother. Cut on.

Do you guys have a lot of bugs down there when it gets hot? If the world suddenly lost all its bugs I wouldnt care how hot it got, its the bugs that drives me away from the treeline. I have one horse I cant ride in the woods in the summer, the bugs drive him totally bonkers. He becomes dangerous with his bad attitude. I give up on wood processing when the sweat is running in my eyes and insects are knawing on every bit of exposed skin.

Reactions: Brewmonster
Mississippi, you know they have bugs there when it gets warm and humid.

But as far as the wood cutting goes I would keep up the good work. Looking at the stacks of wood does give a feel of satisfaction.

Do you guys have a lot of bugs down there when it gets hot? If the world suddenly lost all its bugs I wouldnt care how hot it got, its the bugs that drives me away from the treeline. I have one horse I cant ride in the woods in the summer, the bugs drive him totally bonkers. He becomes dangerous with his bad attitude. I give up on wood processing when the sweat is running in my eyes and insects are knawing on every bit of exposed skin.

Oh yea but when you've dealt with it all your life, it's second nature and not that big a deal.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Love that Cherry wood.....keep on cuttin' and splittin'.....$$$ in the bank

It is a hard habit to break ain't it. :)

3 years ahead is good planning. Once you get there you'll still want to break out the saw... but you won't be on a timeline, at least.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
I'm about two at the moment.
Great work! I'm heading into my 2nd year and have just '14/'15 covered with a facecord or so of mixed Pine/BL/Maple stacked in rounds for '15/'16 and a neighbor with a downed Bradford Pear to process. You're ahead of me and I know how hard I've worked. Great job!

I finally reached the point where the wife said that she thinks we have enough wood now. Then the municipality goes and cut down a huge bluegum just around the corner from me. My front lawn is now filling up with scrounged wood again.

Reactions: Mag Craft
keep up the cutting bud. luckily wood cutting is one of the healthiest addictions on the planet.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
they say if you let a chainsaw sit for too long the carb gets gummed up, so I figure the best way to prevent it is don't stop cutting.........

they say if you let a chainsaw sit for too long the carb gets gummed up

"I didn't do it for the wood, it was saw maintenance."

Nice work Rebelduckman, I wonder if the CDC knows about this disease, We have it up here in NNJ to, Actually come to think of it its probably in at least 3/4 of the country, plus Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.