I cut the Cherry tree down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia

Dont look Like much cut split but its pretty wood. Plus warmed up today , got a little exercice not used to this retirement thing, But I think i'm gonna like it.

Attachments

• SDC10158.jpg
    SDC10158.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 476
Perfect size for my smoker ;-)

I get all of my wood in batches that small or smaller. That is a nice few days of burning.

Congrats on your retirement! Cutting and splitting wood is enjoyable! Nice little rack of cherry!

Ah, retirement! It was made for guys like me! Soon you will wonder how you ever found time to go to a regular job as you'll be so busy around the home.

Cherry is one of my favourite trees here.

Burns well, carves well (if you are into that sort of thing)........

and cherry pie isn't so bad either :)

I still have the cherry (pie) tree, produces all the cherrys we can eat.

LOL

I got a trunk of a cherry tree when I was on my last craigslist scrounge/score.
It's straight and about 28" long x 12 inch diameter and I am debating on what to do with it.

It's too pretty to burn for nominal heat value, I don't have a smoker, and I don't carve.

So, either I take up (another) new hobby, split it up and plane it into boards and sell it on ebay, or
buy a bunch of buck knives and make some cherrywood handles for all of them....

Any ideas (besides burning, carving, and smoking with it) ??

Yes. Split it.....and then burn it.

Send it to me. :lol: UPS or Fed Ex routinely ships packages that weigh 70lbs each max.

Thistle said:
Send it to me. :lol: UPS or Fed Ex routinely ships packages that weigh 70lbs each max.

O.K. tell me how long 8" to 12" rounds lets say $25.00 a ft. in advance you pay the shipping , have all you want.

That makes some stuff on Craigslist sound cheap ;-)

Backwoods Savage said:
Ah, retirement! It was made for guys like me! Soon you will wonder how you ever found time to go to a regular job as you'll be so busy around the home.

As usual Dennis, dead on.
I'm trying to learn to slow down a little more.

jlove1974 said:
I am thinking gunstock for my plastic stocked stainless 10/22

Black walnut or Holly for gunstocks. Need dimensionaly stable wood for that purpose. Cherry makes beautiful furniture, but is also excellent firewood.

woodchip said:
That makes some stuff on Craigslist sound cheap ;-)

Just joking going to split and burn, have never seperated my different types of wood before, I usually stacked it all together, but I have time now.90% of what I burn is oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.