I dislike green trees = too many limbs!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Was cleaning up some storm damage today. There was more than enough humidity, whew! Even though green oak cuts and splits easier than dead oak, I prefer the dead. Green has so many branches to cut off and get tangled in my feet. Yuck. Will this wood be ready to burn in the Fall?.........Just kidding!

IMG_8397%20(1280x718).jpg

IMG_8400%20(718x1280).jpg

IMG_8404%20(1280x718).jpg

Good job quads and if the temps stay this way it will be ready for fall.

zap

I hear ya, much more work to cut trees at home than dead one else where.

quads, it looks like there was some rot in there so it is good to get it cut down. However, I'll wait for cooler weather to do our cutting. You can have the cutting in this heat and humidity.

It fell and was blocking one of the trails, almost in the yard. I heard it fall the other morning early, when it was still dark. The bottom was hollow, plus a grapevine that was climbing it, and with all this rain weighing everything down, it broke off at the ground. I don't mind cutting in the heat so much, but I don't like the humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.