I dont know if this is true but someone please go Free Firewood -- first come, first served (Woodsto

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
As the title says, I dont know if this is true or not but. To goo to be true.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/zip/4812482010.html

Free Firewood -- first come, first served (Woodstock)
00v0v_cjHqXAYOeCu_600x450.jpg

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: God
model name / number: firewood

safety tips
Have a small polebarn full of kiln-dried firewood. Husband and I are going through a disputed divorce, and have to sell off assets, including our home. We've agreed to let whoever can take the firewood have it, so feel free to take as much as you can haul. Need to unload asap!

Please call or text me on my cell phone for the address and to set up a time for pickup. I meet with clients on and off during the day, so if you don't get a hold of me, don't hesitate to keep trying-- you'll get me eventually!

Gina
847-682-4462

Wow, id be all over that. Pick up the phone :eek:

fortunately there is enough wood that even if you arent the first person there you should be able to get some. If its as good as it sounds then go back for more. Some of them look rather small and short but hey its free and dry! Nice to find a score like that, good job!

Seems like an awesome deal if it's true. I would advise people to be careful though. There was an ad in a local buy-n-sell page on facebook this fall for free garden veggies. Said to come dig them up, don't be greedy, here's directions. Turned out it was a vindictive ex-girlfriend who felt that because she helped plant the garden, she still had some say over her ex's garden. She got called out on it, as one of his friends saw it. But not before people had started showing up about the free vegetables. Hope this isn't the case here.

I
Seems like an awesome deal if it's true. I would advise people to be careful though. There was an ad in a local buy-n-sell page on facebook this fall for free garden veggies. Said to come dig them up, don't be greedy, here's directions. Turned out it was a vindictive ex-girlfriend who felt that because she helped plant the garden, she still had some say over her ex's garden. She got called out on it, as one of his friends saw it. But not before people had started showing up about the free vegetables. Hope this isn't the case here.
I'm was thinking the same thing, Gina wants to stick it to her ex by giving his wood away, if you're in the area give it a shot, you might get lucky (in more ways than one)

I am thinking it doesn't look like any pole barn I have ever seen.

Reactions: Applesister
Better watch your back while loading that up!

I would be very interested to know if you ever get in touch with Gina and pick up some of this. I know I would show up with my trailer if she replied to me.

She divorcing him because he is using wood somewhere else

I was wondering how you made out with it. Maybe call her back again? Maybe she has had lots of calls and wasnt expecting so much attention. If you have an address I wonder if you could show up during reasonable hours and knock on her door?

The part in the ad that says to keep calling, eventually you'll get me is a red flag. Sounds like someone is trying to get revenge.

It's common for people to mess with others this way.
my old roommate in the college dorm got pissed at his boss and posted his # in the gay men section of Craigslist. Something like "looking for a hot man, send pictures and call anytime"
I guess his boss got hundreds of pictures of other dudes' junk

Reactions: claydogg84
Porkchop that reminded me of a item I sold on ebay, a girdle . I sold it for like 180.00 and when the guy got it he sent me a email wanting to know if I wanted to see it on. I told him no thanks.;sick Water bottles is a whole new ball game too. ;sick;em;sick;sickThat was when eBay's first 3 good years then got cheap.

Sounds like the dude already had to vacate the premises w/o his split wood, and he's posted her number to get even.

Drama. :(

Reactions: tinman1
Status
Not open for further replies.