I don't mean to brag but....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics Nate . . . thanks for sharing.

The Frozen Chosen said:
I guess that was my point of the whole thread. If you have never seen them in person you wouldn't understand. Ask others that live up here, I know what they will say. Sorry to have ruffled any feathers.

There is no doubt you see more up there and it is one of my wishes to see them in Alaska or the Yukon. However, there are many times in MI, especially northern MI (the UP) when there are fantastic. At times they will fill the entire sky and yes, they dance a lot. We always noticed that March seems to be the best month for viewing them but perhaps that is because so much of the winter the sky is cloudy in MI.

the aurora are among the most spectacular natural phenomena to witness in person. have been priveleged a few times to see them at my cottage in the muskoka district of ontario. late at nite,returning by boat to my water- access -only cottage from the local watering hole,looked up to the n.w. sky and witnessed the awesome display. cut the motor and stared at them for a half-hour.pitch black,warm nite-life doesn't get any better! if you have the opportunity to travel to a place where a viewing is possible-DO IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.