I Don't Sell No Dictionary Cords - Midwestern Version...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of truth there! If you have to stack it perfect to make a cord its going to cost alot more......Not sure why people do not get this but if your looking for a deal its not going to be on a measured cord. One toss to the truck and one toss on the driveway going to be much cheaper. (100 bucks for a truck load may be to much) in my area it is.

That's more than 3 months ago. You think he still has it? Do you think commas would make the wood burn hotter/longer?

I have looked at buying wood like that before and it's not worth it.

Stack that up in the truck and I'd be surprised if you have even one row level with the cab. Not to mention that the wood is all sorts of different lengths.

This is a cord of wood stacked in my truck.

61582_156809124348400_100000579410319_383430_5397500_n.jpg

Nice load of wood Nate, if I put that in my 68 chevy I could pull a wheelie, a load of wood thrown in like what is being sold is about a 1/3 cord in my findings.

Another load I did I fit 1.25 cords but I didn't take pics of that one. Did look like the Beverly Hillbillies going down the road!

Really wasn't all that heavy. Figure a cord of seasoned birch is only about 3000lbs. The 3tons of gravel I hauled though, that was noticeable haha.

The one time I had to buy wood I did buy by the truckload but in this case it was relatively cheap. He had a pickup but with a big box and a hydraulic lift. He backed up and dumped it. If I remember correctly it was a little less than a cord and I paid him $50 for it. All white ash.

NATE379 said:
I have looked at buying wood like that before and it's not worth it.

Stack that up in the truck and I'd be surprised if you have even one row level with the cab. Not to mention that the wood is all sorts of different lengths.

This is a cord of wood stacked in my truck.

61582_156809124348400_100000579410319_383430_5397500_n.jpg

Nice Lawn!!! It's been a long winter-seeing that makes me want to start sharpening my mower blades!

Crazy thing about that lawn is that it was all just planted that summer. Was growing so fast in the back with all the rain that we got that I had to cut it every couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.