I don't use Super Cedars, I use...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Mahoganies.

That term is trade-marked, not be be used without permission of Ricky Bobby inc. ; )

Attachments

• DSC07723.jpg
    DSC07723.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 564
Looks like someones been raiding the wood shop scraps?

I bet the mohagany burns good.

Those look nice and flammable. Where do you get them?

Is that a big stack of poplar next to it though? My poplar lights without any kindling...

I cleaned out a garage for a friends mother, and her late husband was a wood-worker. These mahogany pieces were originally about 8 feet long and tapered - so I couldn't make molding or picture frames out of it.

To the miter saw they went.
It lights easily and burns for awhile. If I wait too long to re-load the stove, I lay 2 or 3 of these on top of the smoldering coals and they get things going again.

I use cedar cedars. Or some scrap boards, split up. Or some Poplar split small. Whatever.

Looks like some nice kindling.

Using 40-50 year old un-finished "railcar siding" from a home reno project. I think it's western Red Cedar. Possibly Redwood. Splits with a tap of the hatchet and lights with a lighter. I use it about like you do & the price was the same ;-)

I use dead pine branches.
Got lots of 'em sticking out of trees.

Our neighbor has a very large branch of a cedar that has come down in a recent storm. As soon as she moves her absent daughter's car, I will take it down and reduce it to useful wood. Given the angle of the leaning branch, I can see that removing the branch without moving the car would be a really bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.