I FINALLY did it!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy01

Dec 16, 2007
northern PA
Check out my new (used 3 year old) Econoburn EBW100. When I get it home, I will need some help. ( I hope the pic posts)

5670506157_6873efd293.jpg

congradulations ! nice boiler. Wy did they sell it ?

Congratulations! Haven't seen many used gassers in good shape for sale. Just curious - did the owner give a reason for selling? I'm surprised to see the exhaust hood - not a lot of complaints from forum EB owners about smoke during loading. Do you recall what type of chimney the seller had (outside/inside, pipe/masonry)? Do you have much wood split(small) and stacked yet? Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be pleased by how well it heats you home!

Who cares why the numbskull sold it! I'm happy he did. Dad deserves the stove and if the whole pile has to be re-split I'll be home to help.

He said he was sick of burning wood. plus judging by the creasote on the pipe his wood wasn't real dry.
My first chalange will be getting the beast home I'm thinking U-Haul maybe.
Guy
(I'll be looking forward to splitting with ya kiddo)

willworkforwood said:
Congratulations! Haven't seen many used gassers in good shape for sale. Just curious - did the owner give a reason for selling? I'm surprised to see the exhaust hood - not a lot of complaints from forum EB owners about smoke during loading. Do you recall what type of chimney the seller had (outside/inside, pipe/masonry)? Do you have much wood split(small) and stacked yet? Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be pleased by how well it heats you home!

I have enough wood for next year but as spotted datter said it's all too big.If you look on the smoke stack you'll also see a draft inducer so smoke must have been an issue.The stovepipe inside was heavy guage but he reduced the size before it went outside.Today I start preparing the area to pour a pad

Guy said:
.... judging by the creasote on the pipe his wood wasn't real dry .....
Sounds like your saying the creosote was on the inside of the stove pipe connected to the boiler. If so, that almost certainly means the HX is also heavily coated with creosote, because the stuff normally doesn't ever make it past the heat tubes - that's where it collects in an Econoburn if poorly-seasoned wood is used. So, you will need to clean the heat tubes/turbulators before you start to burn. When you get ready to do that job, search this forum, and you will find threads on cleaning the EB HX (some dis-assembly and maybe a lot of cleaning required :roll:) . No rush on that, but your most important job right now is to get the wood re-split small. Get that completely done asap, in order to get the maximum benefit from the good seasoning months. If possible, stack it cross-hatched in single, separated rows in the best location you have for maximum sun and wind.

There was creasote running down the outside of the pipe(upside down?) will start resplitting as soon as I get the pad done he want's it moved soon . I may have to put it in storage for the short term.

Take it from me you will need a good trailer to haul that boiler. Near killed my Tacoma hauling mine home. Great purchase , you'll be happy with it . Dry wood is like night and day when it comes to working and heating well

When I went on the U-haul web site they had some robust trailers, with low decks I think I'll stop and talk to them.
Guy
I'm still so excited I can hardly sit still

Guy said:
When I went on the U-haul web site they had some robust trailers, with low decks I think I'll stop and talk to them.
Guy
I'm still so excited I can hardly sit still
What did it sell for? Randy

Congrats Guy....where in PA are you? Keep cutin' & splittin'...you won't regret having nice dry wood. Last year ours was marginal...this year very dry & what a difference!

I know how you feel getting a new boiler....you'll probably be wishing for cold weather rather than an extended summer come late September! :)

I am way north against the Ny border center ofPA going east west. If you know where Bradford is I'm about 30 min from there

As far as wood goes I've got about 3 cord maybe more that will be 2years and a load of poles ordered and a place to cut pine for shoulder season so I got a good start
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.