I found SootEaters on sale, so I odrered one....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor7

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2009
East TN.
I did a search and found mostly favorable reviews on the SootEater system. In addition to wood I want to have everything in place for next winter.

If anybody is also thinking about one, this was the best current price I found on the net:
http://www.smarthome.com/92311/Sooteater-RCH205-Rotary-Chimney-Cleaning-System/p.aspx

Their price on extensions is very good too, so I ordered a set of those also. I had never ordered from SmartHome before, but their shipping was very quick.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll set this thread up so that it displays in both the hearth room and the gear room for a while.

pen

Thanks Pen...I was not real sure where to post this.

I got this same unit from the same site. I got it in a few days after I ordered it. I got it in mid december and cleaned my chimney once a month. Very easy to use and it takes me and my son about 20 minutes to do the job.

I ordered 2 from Smart Home...1 was an open box item for $10 less. Ordered 2 since I would need 3 packs of the extension rods so I get another whole unit and have a spare head, etc. For the price of 1 professional cleaning I'm getting several years worth of cleaning(I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.