I froze for the last 2 winters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the silly eye. It is creepy. But I do change my underwear every week or 2 and try to change my signature once or twice a week

someone said on this thread: Southwest mountains of Maine, sounds COLD, not as cold as Northwest mountains, but cold. Make NJ seem like the Bahamas. What do the Canadians North of you think, you are down South to them.

Enjoy the heat.... me too. Hard to say on a hot NJ evening, but this thread makes me feel cold.

I have a sister that lives in Monteal and works for the CBC, the Canadian section of the BBC. She writes and reads copy 16 times a day that goes out on shortwave to the whole world. So you might think she must be smart? She's always saying how much colder it is in Canada, but the thing is that their temps are calculated in Celsius or centigrade which is always colder then Maine because Celsius vs Farenheit is 2 different number systems. Where 0 degrees C is only 32 degrees F. I've talked to her until I blue in the face , but she doesn't understand mathimatics and number systems...

The person who wrote this is from Jersey and i once had a Jersey girl , but I let her slip away...biggest regret of my life.

JPapiPE:
I think you will really enjoy the warmth of a good fire on those cold winter days and nights.
And you will be extra proud of your good forethought to have a large supply of nicely seasoned wood as your backup. Ya know that those Maine winters are LONG-(like 8 months).
Best to you.

JPapiPE said:
I have a sister that lives in Monteal and works for the CBC, the Canadian section of the BBC. She writes and reads copy 16 times a day that goes out on shortwave to the whole world. So you might think she must be smart? She's always saying how much colder it is in Canada, but the thing is that their temps are calculated in Celsius or centigrade which is always colder then Maine because Celsius vs Farenheit is 2 different number systems. Where 0 degrees C is only 32 degrees F. I've talked to her until I blue in the face , but she doesn't understand mathimatics and number systems...

LOL - The CBC and BBC have nothing to do with each other. I think it is colder here due to geography, not numbering systems. When it was -44 C (Jan 29 2008) it would have been -47.2 F in the USA. So your numbering system theory kinda falls apart. Either way it's was COLD! BTW not trying to flame you, just could not resist, not much to post about in the middle of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.