I got 2 free wood stoves and a coal stove looking for info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSal

Oct 16, 2012
Southern NJ
I got 2 free wood stoves, one is a Fire Boss and is huge, the other is a Scandia "VC Defiant" knockoff and the coal burner is a Olsburg and is from Germany (very little info on this one) but is kinda neat. The Fire Boss I pulled out of a basement (the thing must weigh 500lbs lol) and is in great condition but a little too big for my house, so I will be using it in my shop/barn, the Scandia was used as a fireplace insert so I didn't get legs with it, I'm going to disassemble it and clean it really good, reseal & paint it to use in my home, the coal burner is a Olsburg, it needs some new door seals and some work in the firebox, it is really cool looking unit, I'm looking for 4 legs for my fake "Defiant" but from what I've read the company who produced it is out of business, any lead on a set of legs is appreciated...any info on any of the stoves in general would be appreciated, especiallly the Olsburg coal stove....thanks

I considered getting an Oldsburg woodstove instead of the Castine. Looked like a decent stove.

Well the Scandia is garbage, cracks all over it and the parent metal is so trashy it is impossible to weld, so back to the Earth Stove...lol, I'm still going to put the Fire Boss in my shop, nice stove and it's in great shape, I haven't really sat down and started digging on the Olsburg coal burner yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.