I got a letter from the oil company today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris S

Jan 22, 2008
Orange County NY
It said I should be needing oil by now, and they haven't heard from me.
Feels good, but I like them so I'll call them Monday.
Throw another log in the boiler & turn up the heat!!

Almost 2 years ago I got a message from my oil company wondering when I was going to pay my bill. I checked and had paid the prior bill at the end of the month as I always had for the past 18 years. Their invoices said pay within 30 days. I called them to tell them I had paid the last month's bill and they said, yes we see that, we want to know when are you going to pay this month's bill. It had been 10 days since they sent out the bill. I told them their invoice clearly states pay within 30 days. They said ya, it says that but we like to be paid in 10 days. I told them no problem, I would put a check in the mail that day. I put a check in the mail and also told them not to deliver anymore oil and that I would call them when I needed some. I have never called them again and I never will. When I need some oil I haul off-road diesel it in my pickup skid tank.
I also put in a wood boiler which cut my oil use to about 300 gallons a year.

Installed my EKO 25 last Christmas. Oil truck showed up in Jan for a "top up". The truck driver could only get $3.87 in the tank. He wrote on the printed bill "Please call office" We did no problem we just call if we need any, not much needed but it is used as a back up fuel.

I taped the $3.87 bill to my "Little Green Money Savin' Machine"

I agree stoke it up and be comfortable!!

Rob

Chris S said:
It said I should be needing oil by now, and they haven't heard from me.
Feels good, but I like them so I'll call them Monday.
Throw another log in the boiler & turn up the heat!!

I just got one of those letter too! But mine had a REALLY nice magnet I could put on my refrigerator with their phone number, and a line telling me how much I can save! WOW ;-)

Buddy, I can save a lot more than 32cents now that the GARN is cooking along!

Feeling warm in PA.

Attachments

• GA1.jpg
    GA1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 330
Funny how we remember some things...
The last oil I bought was when they had the preseason buying or price cap insurance.
I still have 3/4 of a tank, paid $2.78, in delivered in April of 2008 !

Just one thought, All you savers out there with fuel oil in your tanks may want to put some very good stabilizer in your tank. If you don't you may not get the oil out when want it. Fuel oil these days sometimes has problems in 6 months. It will get real snotty won't flow threw lines let alone filters. Just a word of caution. Jim

muleman51 said:
Just one thought, All you savers out there with fuel oil in your tanks may want to put some very good stabilizer in your tank. If you don't you may not get the oil out when want it. Fuel oil these days sometimes has problems in 6 months. It will get real snotty won't flow threw lines let alone filters. Just a word of caution. Jim

Good Advice! I was wondering what I should do, and whether I should fill the tanks up as well.

There was another thread going on this topic. Yes stabilizer, keep the tank on the full side / condensation, don't forget about changing the filter and having a back up cartridge too. Drain water off the bottom of tank.
Personally I like to start my boiler up on occasion and let it work for a 1/2 hr or so. The low sulfur diesel that is getting pumped can be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.