I got banned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UncleRich said:
Well, I guess my reference to Hitler, Stalin and Mao was a little too strong for Napolian/God. I am banned. Hope you all enjoy my last post. Guess that's what fairness is like in the deep far whackoo.

see:http://burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=296

Did they wipe the posts? Can' t do a get around to see how they sensored the site.

Uncle rich:
burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=296
That sent me to the topic post "Another woodstove manufacturer" topic. I didn't see any posts from you...earlier on I decided to "see what all the fuss is about" and did read your 2-cents worth but I can't find it now. I have seen some of your posts...just not the referenced one...

That forum scares me...(and should scare everyone else too that burns wood).

You people are giving that outhouse more attention than it deserves
but this guys one post had me rotflmfao:

bodhi says: sheeeeettttttfire........
harley, burning man (i get it, clever), babalu, msg,
i just knew it. yall one big happy family:
uncle daddy, sister mommy and all the little uns.

ZETA great point another reason I weighed participation on their site figuring that if I did I reconise them or I add fuel to their cause
you know one can walk bya hornets nest day after day and coexist casting rocks at it increases the chances of getting stung.
Did we do any good there or did we rile them up and make them more agressive?

Proud of Uncle where is frank and dylan when we need them

Life is too short to argue with those morons. Did you know 85% of all statistics are made up? Hey this is kind of fun! You get the idea. Good luck to all and I hope summer comes soon!

UncleRich,

Out of curiosity I checked that forum out. All I saw was a bunch of "idiot lunatics" trying to pick the speck out of other people's eyes and not noticing the log in their own eye. I also noticed that just because they can scream LOUD (or SHRILL) doesn't make them right.

Hey Burntime, I thought that only 80% of the statistics are made up, and the other 30% are real. 8-/

That may be true but only half the time ;~)

uncle you are no longer on the members list but some post remain your official title was reduced to guest

elkimmeg said:
uncle you are no longer on the members list but some post remain your official title was reduced to guest

Elk:
Thanks for the update. I have tried to access the site through my alter-ego at Yahoo, but they must have my IP address blocked as end user. I'd like to see what they have done to discredit my comments. I am sure the 16+ posts have been edited heavily. I like looking at silly things, so will miss the entertainment. I think the four or five active members who believe are harmless, but could plant a seed of despair on the uneducated.

Doubt it. Stupidity breeds stupidity. They will sit back and enjoy the day when they "educated" a non-believer. Yeah right. Bottom line is theres a fire in the fireplace and these people are not your neighbors!!!

NewtownPA said:
UncleRich said:
I have tried to access the site through my alter-ego at Yahoo, but they must have my IP address blocked as end user.

If you really want to browse you can use an "Anonymizer" to mask your IP when browsing.

Click here for anonymizers:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=anonymizer

Thanks for the reference. I tried anonymouse and it worked very well, no download and free. It seems only a few of my listings have been deleted, the dump on the "god" was gone with the entire thread. Guess that's why other posts are still there. I think others would protest their deletions.

Now I can still get my giggles.

Thanks again, NewtownPA.

I'm done with the site. My post addressing threat of censorship and citing the woodheat.org website, along with a 1998 paper/data found on woodheat.org, was deleted. The entire SUV poll thread is apparently gone. To me, it's intellectual dishonesty to delete posts that conflict with one's own opinions.

Edit: I'm a glutton for punishment. Giving it one more try...

northwinds said:
I'm done with the site. My post addressing threat of censorship and citing the woodheat.org website, along with a 1998 paper/data found on woodheat.org, was deleted. The entire SUV poll thread is apparently gone. To me, it's intellectual dishonesty to delete posts that conflict with one's own opinions.

Edit: I'm a glutton for punishment. Giving it one more try...

Willing to throw yourself on your sword? Give them the ultimate, start posting on every thread you see as controversial and don't hold back. Do it fast so you can cover as much territory as possible before the big hook gets you. They only deleted 5 or 6 of my posts, because the responses to some of their whacked ideas would have resulted in deleting theirs also. I really enjoy my banishment. I sleep better, whiskey is sweeter and I can pull the door open to my stove at top burn and let some of that fine aroma swirl in my home or shop. They are cutting trees around me right now, maybe I'll grab a few green rounds and build a bonfire..... Ah, Er, is this Kansas?

Unc, Did you get the Kozi running? Quick

Bob512 said:
Unc, Did you get the Kozi running? Quick

Not , yet. Got sidetracked with a job. Just need to reinstall the auger and attach the motor. Shooting for Saturday to fire up. Was 72 here today, didn't even start the Jamestown. It's not over though, we'll stll get snow before the end of the month.

keyman512us said:
Uncle rich:
burningissues.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=296
That sent me to the topic post "Another woodstove manufacturer" topic. I didn't see any posts from you...earlier on I decided to "see what all the fuss is about" and did read your 2-cents worth but I can't find it now. I have seen some of your posts...just not the referenced one...

That forum scares me...(and should scare everyone else too that burns wood).

Hey...I posted the following on their site and DIDN'T get banned.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodhi wrote

"i don't find any of this laughable. unfortunately the length of your tenure on this forum has expired. i don't appreciate your tone."

Comment: Hey Bodhi....who the hell made you "world czar" able to ban forum members with a wave of the pen.....? Someone slams you with "FACTS" and rather than refute most of them (you can't) you instead threaten him with being "banned" from the forum. This is a typical leftist, liberal, tactic: you can't refute a persons argument so you threaten him instead............rather childish really...psychologists would say you've just thrown an "adult temper tantrum".....fortunately all the other forum members just saw you do it...........

Are you by chance related to that weather channel chick who called for the AMA (American Meterological Association) to strip the credentials from any meteorologist who "dares" to disagree with Global Warming theories.......?????? Because you've just done the equivalent by threatening retaliation against someone whose facts you find it difficult to refute.......can't refute the facts so you say a persons "tenure on this forum has expired"............

Your credability just went down the (non-woodburning) toilet......... "
****************** end entry *********************

so folks, what do you think.....?

Cast, I don't think it has anything to do with liberal--there are plenty of liberals here who burn wood and care about the environment. You can find whackjobs at both ends of the political spectrum, IMO.

CountryGal said:
Cast, I don't think it has anything to do with liberal--there are plenty of liberals here who burn wood and care about the environment. You can find whackjobs at both ends of the political spectrum, IMO.

yes...I agree but MANY MANY liberals I've met think like this guy does who, when they're confronted with facts that they can't refute, they resort to threats, intimidation and "scorch and burn" tactics instead......... they know their arguments would crumble if they discussed the facts and, rather than have that happen and to draw attention away from their unsupportable statements, they instead threaten to "ban" a guest for "daring" to question him........

Status
Not open for further replies.