I got my ash handed to me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
Literally. It was already cut to length and ready for pick up. Here is a load! I think its a 6 ft bed to give you an idea... Good thing I just split and stacked a bunch to make some room!

Attachments

• truckloadsmall.jpg
    truckloadsmall.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 569
Some nice fires out of that load, nice score.

zap

Thanks, best part is the tree was dead standing. That is some of the lighted fresh cut ash I have ever hauled! Wonder if I split it what the moisture content is... Bet its not ready but not the normal reading either... I should find out tomorrow...

I also have 2 ash that need to come down im ny yard that are about 24-28 inchs in diameter...next year should be a good year!

Ya, we'll still be cutting that dead ash for a couple of years unless I get a burst of energy this coming winter. What I cut last winter could certainly be burned now as it was very low moisture. Well, it splits easy and gives a good fire. Not as good as oak, but still very nice firewood.

burntime said:
Thanks, best part is the tree was dead standing. That is some of the lighted fresh cut ash I have ever hauled! Wonder if I split it what the moisture content is... Bet its not ready but not the normal reading either... I should find out tomorrow...

I agree about the ash being dry, me thinks if it were green your ranger would be doing a wheelie :lol:

It already was! :lol:

Damn nice load, wish I could fit that much in my truck :p

Chris, get the monroe load levelers. I think they were 200 bucks and I put them on. They are a heavy shock with coil over springs. They added 1500 lbs to the capacity of my pickup. Even if you do not overload the truck it is much more safe with even 500 lbs in it. There is no sway and rock...

color me jealous! nice score for sure. gotta love wood thats already cut to size.

burntime said:
...They added 1500 lbs to the capacity of my pickup...
we aren't going there again are we?

No, we already did, its in the pic :lol:

krex1010 said:
gotta love wood thats already cut to size.

Not me! That takes away all of the fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.