I got problems....englander 25-pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQmedic121

Feb 20, 2008
Johnsonville NY
I have an englander 25-pdv and I have none of the stuff some of you have. First I do not have a slide or cover to control the feed of pellets into the top hopper to the top auger. It is wide open like 4 to 5 inch opening. I do not have any type of switch on the Hopper cover to stop the top auger it just runs like every 5 or what ever the stove calls for. My stove Doesn't really throw alot of heat, I mean on a 20-25 degree night on 8-9 is making the 15 X16X 9 feet living room only like 70-75 and the house is new. This being said I go through a bag of Premier Pellets every 12-14 hours which from what I have read is ALOT. I also go thorough a bag of Lighnitics in 14-15 hours. The stove was made in 1998 and I just bought it I replaced the Combustion Motor because one night it just stopped. Which filled the house with smoke which came out of the two little holes under the Lip right under the front door. Qucik specs on venting... Straight out the back 4 feet to a endcap that blows the exhust down. I do not have anything hooked up to the fresh air intake but have never had a problem with the Neg Pressure thing.. Maybe I do "talk to me Goose"... Thanks

ResQmedic121 said:
I have an englander 25-pdv and I have none of the stuff some of you have. First I do not have a slide or cover to control the feed of pellets into the top hopper to the top auger. It is wide open like 4 to 5 inch opening. I do not have any type of switch on the Hopper cover to stop the top auger it just runs like every 5 or what ever the stove calls for. My stove Doesn't really throw alot of heat, I mean on a 20-25 degree night on 8-9 is making the 15 X16X 9 feet living room only like 70-75 and the house is new. This being said I go through a bag of Premier Pellets every 12-14 hours which from what I have read is ALOT. I also go thorough a bag of Lighnitics in 14-15 hours. The stove was made in 1998 and I just bought it I replaced the Combustion Motor because one night it just stopped. Which filled the house with smoke which came out of the two little holes under the Lip right under the front door. Qucik specs on venting... Straight out the back 4 feet to a endcap that blows the exhust down. I do not have anything hooked up to the fresh air intake but have never had a problem with the Neg Pressure thing.. Maybe I do "talk to me Goose"... Thanks

4 feet of horizontal run with out vertical rise is a lot

Do you have 1/4 rise per foot at least?
that would be the pipe at the cap would be 2" higher that where it connects to the stove.
I

is the heat exhange clean and clear so it can get the most amount of heat exchanged into the room

im not "goose" but i'll take a swing at it.
first , you need to get 2 things done , outside intake air and you need a vertical rise to help pull the smoke out in case of a shutdown. if you have a new construction (tight house) you do have a negative pressure issue, this doesnt mean that your ears will pop when the unit is turned on , but the unit needs a clean unfettered flow of air to operate at peak performance and in a new house this isnt hapening. as for the venting as well, 4 ft horizontal is a bit much without a vertical to help as well, if that can be shortened and the vert added you will see not only an improvement in normal operation , you will be less likley by far to have smoke enter the house during a failure of the draft blower or a power outrage situation. as for the slide plate not being included with that model they were not used , the feed system on that unit is different than the current one is and the slide plate is not needed in that year model unit.

It just is straight out Horizonal no rise, alos I just cleaned the thing spotless, brushed the whole inside and the space behind the plate and in and under the hopper. Also cleaned the exchanger tubes. Vaced the whole inside. But the wife just called and the Hopper keeps over filling becasue the flame goes out, (second time in a day).

Status
Not open for further replies.