I guess I'm the first...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albert1029

Feeling the Heat
Nov 15, 2011
Southwestern PA
Got some Silver Maple and BL going and the wife put the tree up and it was snowing so, ummm....a little early but, Happy Thanksgiving...with a small stove took me a while to notice that big splits work fine but smaller splits seem to work better and last just as long with quicker secondaries....(that's the Gecko chillin' on the right)

IMAG0077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah! You're not the first. You just never took down all of last years stuff. ;)

A beautiful job, Albert. Cheers!

Reactions: albert1029
WQe put the tree up the day after Turkey day.

Happy Thanksgiving too. The smaller splits are also easier to handle.
My Dad will soon be 80 and we split his wood a little smaller. Seasons quicker and he can handle it easier and can control his fire easier.

No, not live...she does a good job with it, looks as good with the lights off...

It looks nice. My wife want to put a live tree in the stove room and I am concerned about the temp and dryness vs. the tree.

Live trees are great for the look, smell, and tradition, but fake trees are so realistic looking these days that it's not worth the trouble of a live tree most times. This is especially true with the fake trees that have easy assembly and lights already strung. Maybe when I retire I'll have more time for a live tree.

Looks nice Albert.

Status
Not open for further replies.