I had a great heating experience this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_guad

Jan 6, 2006
No Va
So it snowed about 6-10 inches this weekend and I just got a delivery of fire wood the day before it started. Perfect timing for the snowfall! All I can say is that the room with the stove was 64 degrees in the morning (with the central heat ON) and within two hours it was 75. Curiosity alone caused me to set the blower to high... I soon had to correct that as I started to soak through with sweat. And a whole days worth of heat only cost me 12 splits!

Now I need to start experimenting with overnight burns...

One of my friends used to laugh at how much I paid for our insert, until they lost power after the snowfall... Anyone else have a great time this weekend with their stove?

The_Guad

Hampton HI300

No snow here in Wis, but I'm having fun playing with my new Fireview. My first cat-stove and it takes some gettin use to! So far so good tho, its been burning 24/7 for 4 days and the house hasn't gone below 70 yet! Clean spotless glass, less ash build up, and longer burns, with less wood than my old Homestead.

Todd said:
No snow here in Wis, but I'm having fun playing with my new Fireview. My first cat-stove and it takes some gettin use to! So far so good tho, its been burning 24/7 for 4 days and the house hasn't gone below 70 yet! Clean spotless glass, less ash build up, and longer burns, with less wood than my old Homestead.

Todd, its kinda funny. Whoever buys a Woodstock starts sounding like factory salesman. I am guilty too!

I did have a (several) great experiences this weekend in front of the stove. The blazin' fire works every time! He He.

I think there are so many good stoves out there that burn clean and put out so much heat that we all start to sound like salesman.
Also I think it's sort of a pissing match. My stove is better than yours, I have a better draft, my wood pile is bigger than yours ect.....................................

I'd have to agree. Anyone that had a really bad experience will probably only post a gripe or two then go away. All I have to say is that I plan on using my insert, OFTEN because it's so great. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.