I had help cleaning the stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissa220

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2012
central ME
I got home tonight and had run out of pellets so took the opportunity to clean it. The dog was patiently waiting for his supper...... until I got overzealous with the paint brush on the ashes and jammed my knuckle on the firebox edge. After letting out a loud OUCH, my dog appeared pushing his way under my arms and between me and the stove. Protecting me from the big bad stove? Who knows. But he was an immovable object! When I finally got him shoved out of the way, I discovered his butt had wiped off the ashes on the door glass! ;lol Then I realized I would have to clean him too before he got it all over the place.:eek:

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
What? What, Lassie? What girl? Melissa's fallen into the pellet stove again? C'mon girl, let's go save her...and while we're at it you clean up that stove door glass a little, would ya?. Good girl. OK, let's go Lassie, you show me the way, good dog!

(Yeah, I know...but this from Wikipedia: "Despite the fact the character Lassie is female, all collies to play Lassie in the television series were male because male collies retain a thicker summer coat than females, which "looks better on television." Also, the male is larger and a child actor can play opposite the dog for longer before outgrowing him." Besides, I already knew this).

If that's him in your Avatar, you have a beautiful dog there. What's his name and how old is he? (If that's not your dog, you still have a nice looking Collie in your Avatar ;lol ).

And while you are having so much fun with this poor Timmy is lying in the bottom of the well. Again.

Thank you. Yes, he's mine. His name is Ace and he will be 5 in December. Got him at 10 weeks and he was SOOO easy to train! He has never destroyed anything and there is one room - where the cat food is - that I taught him not to enter and I can leave him home alone and he will not enter that room.

Bart - don't tell anyone, but Ace pushed him in and stole his lunch!

And while you are having so much fun with this poor Timmy is laying in the bottom of the well. Again.

Well, that's just Timmy's own bad luck. We'll get to him next after we make sure Melissa's vital signs are stable. Lassie's stopped the bleeding and she's checking the airway now. I think Lassie got us here just in time.

We're coming, Timmy...hold on, son!!

Mine's mother is a tri collie and dad is an aussie. He's also very protective. Best dog I've ever had. The guy down the street wanted to start stopping by for visits. Problem solved.

Attachments

• 16645_1285514054384_1804096_n.jpg
    16645_1285514054384_1804096_n.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: fossil
Very good looking dog. What's his name?

Nice looking collie & collie mix !!

I'm fond of 'em, had 2 collies when I was a kid,and a collie/golden retriever mix...smart, smart dogs :)

Reactions: Melissa220
Status
Not open for further replies.