1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

I had to do it.... I had to give in

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by iceman, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    well trying to keep it short ... in june my brother-in-law and father-in-law decided to help me by stacking wood (when i wasn't home)... however they mixed in 1.5 of partly seasoned with alot of stuff i split in may leaving me with only 2cds seasoned going into this season......
    well trying to make it last ...(2cds) i have been burning from what they stacked .... i finally gave in, to much not so well seasoned stuff... now i take the wood split it in real small sizes and bring them in the house sit them in front of the gas fireplace and then burn... well when they dry out its great but my ego is really hurt i was hoping and praying that being stacked since 6/1 to get something better burning but nope can't do

i had to give in and resplit what a pain in the arse that is all that work just to start again.......... but i had to do it
    i am taking everything even if i think its dry and cutting it in half or smaller..... not stacking anymore throwing in a pile by my house leaving it uncovered weather permitting to help dry it out more

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Find a place trying to get rid of pallets.

Matt
  3. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I do that as well and stack it beside the furance for a week as good as anything i have burnt(except for hedge)and it january so thats what i am burning for the next 6-8 weeks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.