I had to laugh at this one!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donatello

Nov 8, 2007
Connecticut
The ad states "I have 3 oak trees in avon still standing. They are next to my garage. You take down, cut up, chip brush, clean and fix yard, have lic and ins you can have the wood free.
This is in Avon so please no old crappy equipment or Trucks."
I can't imagine ANYONE taking this man's offer...

Some people just have large ideas. What an insult to someone who works for a living.
I guess the person who burns wood might be content to cut, but clean the yard, etc: what does he want?
OH WELL, I am sure he provides services for free also.....

Maybe if it were mahogany or teak...

Chris

He should call a tree company and get an estimate. When he sees the price, he MIGHT get a wee clue of how much goes into such a project! I'd like to have my car tuned, tires rotated, cooling system flushed, and oil changed. Must have certification and be bonded. You can keep the oil... %-P There is such a disconnect sometimes.

donatello said:
... This is in Avon so please no old crappy equipment or Trucks."...

donatello,
This is my favorite part. Would he feel differently if the truck were a Cadillac Escalade?

Maybe David Copperfield could simply make the trees disappear or whisk them away on a magic carpet.

Apparently this guy doesn't understand that a "win win" situation implies that each party gain something; it doesn't meant that you win twice at the other guy's expense.

~Cath

swestall said:
Some people just have large ideas.

Well, that's a nice way to put it. I was thinking in much harsher terms but I think Craig would ban me for saying them here ;-)

donatello said:
The add states "I have 3 oak trees in avon still standing. They are next to my garage. You take down, cut up, chip brush, clean and fix yard, have lic and ins you can have the wood free.
This is in Avon so please no old crappy equipment or Trucks."
I can't imagine ANYONE taking this man's offer...

i got it if they are so worried about the yard, just drop the trees on the garage , that way the yard wont need fixed

I think he will have a difficult time in getting a nice answere to his add. May have to change his mind and hire
a tree removal company from lack of response.

I see stuff like that in the local craigslist. Some folks really believe thar's gold in them thar trees. There's a guy right now selling (well, probably not) fireplace-length cedar logs for $40. Each!

Well I will tell you, there is an older (but not poor) couple who live up the road from my parents. They got a guy from their church to take down an impressive hard maple tree that was right next to the road and a fence. The guy did it and cleaned it all up for nothing.

No crappy trucks?
Shoot, and I was going to drive from Iowa to go take care of this for him.
No need I guess...cause my truck is deffinately Crap!

Hey i got an idea. Some one should hook it to a helicopter and then cut it. It will never touch the yard. Gee I'll go warm mine up. Everyone has a spare chopper dont they?

that actualy happend here a couple of years ago. It was a very steep slope loaded with vaneer cherry. They flew a hewey in From Oregon to log it. Fellers would cut the tree down, how 4-5 up at a time and the hewey would fly them to a nearby landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.