I Hate CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatisup02

Feb 3, 2012
MI
Well no I dont. I cant stop looking for saws. I just got that Stihl 044 a few weeks ago and loved it. So I got on and looked.... I should have not done that. There is a 041av,039,MS390,MS290,066,088,090 all for sale around me. The 039,MS390,MS290,041 av all have the asking price a $300 If I didnt just got my 044 I would be looking real hard at some of thouse. It seam like every day I get on CL and look for wood and saw. I need help;em

"039,MS390,MS290,041 av"

These saws are not very desirable. Does that help?

Now, I can't help you on the 066,088 and 090 ;lol

Reactions: smokinj
"039,MS390,MS290,041 av"

These saws are not very desirable. Does that help?

Now, I can't help you on the 066,088 and 090 ;lol

090=$1000 to much for me.
066=%900 again to much
But that 088 they were asking $700, that's just to much saw for me. Although I sure would have fun..

You want to hate it even more? When searching for Stihl or anything else I always do a search misspelling the word. Try Sthil , there are often a few hits and less competition when negotiating. I learned this a long time ago when I used ebay more.

You want to hate it even more? When searching for Stihl or anything else I always do a search misspelling the word. Try Sthil , there are often a few hits and less competition when negotiating. I learned this a long time ago when I used ebay more.

My wife says thank you...

I

The same works with mis spelling husqvarna ....husquvarna found a couple that way

"chainsaw" will give different results than "chain saw"

Grab the 090,forget the rest.

Reactions: ScotO and StihlHead
Reactions: ScotO

I just tried this and it turned up 3 saws. Nothing worth getting too excited about...but you have to think these jokers aren't getting many responses so you might have some additional leverage when negotiating a price.

I just found a 041av with no bar for $85

Reactions: ScotO
Back 3 years ago tons of saws were popping up around here for really good prices. I was in saw heaven. Now? Its all overpriced, or old AV beater stuff, or near new price for used saws like the MS290 or MS210. If it is any good, it is gone in about 20 minutes. There are a lot of 'chainsaws wanted' posts there now too.

I see that to, and all that does is drive up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.