I hate my hopper...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove has a leaky auger bushing,so a bunch of fines fall down in th back of my stove.there is a upgraded version of my bushing,which I'm going to invest in during my summer rebuild.

My stove has a leaky auger bushing,so a bunch of fines fall down in th back of my stove.there is a upgraded version of my bushing,which I'm going to invest in during my summer rebuild.

Hoppa!! Got installed this weekend.

Love it.... And the Joey! ;)View attachment 65935
Dex- Did you get the slingbox so you can stream your DVR to your bionic or watch live tv on your phone? We got the Dish Hopper and 2 Joey's setup a few weeks ago and love it! We did not get the slingbox because we couldn't think of a lot of use for it. Anyway, now we are only paying about $60 for whole home DVR service on 3 HDTVs vs paying $120 for 2 DVRs and 1 cable box on the same 3 HDTVs. Saving $60/month and we can now watch our shows in any room we please. The guy who came to do the install wasn't too happy that I didn't want the cable (its actually 2 cables and a ground wire in one so it's thick) running down the side of my house. I pulled it into my attic and down to the basement. He was just gonna run it right down the side of the house. No thank you!

How did they come up with those stupid names...Hopper and Joey??
Haha, they are kind of foolish but my guess is that the hopper "holds" all of the recordings just like your pellet stove hopper holds all of your pellets. And the Joey relies on the mother Hopper to display the recordings on other tvs.

Dex- Did you get the slingbox so you can stream your DVR to your bionic or watch live tv on your phone? We got the Dish Hopper and 2 Joey's setup a few weeks ago and love it! We did not get the slingbox because we couldn't think of a lot of use for it. Anyway, now we are only paying about $60 for whole home DVR service on 3 HDTVs vs paying $120 for 2 DVRs and 1 cable box on the same 3 HDTVs. Saving $60/month and we can now watch our shows in any room we please. The guy who came to do the install wasn't too happy that I didn't want the cable (its actually 2 cables and a ground wire in one so it's thick) running down the side of my house. I pulled it into my attic and down to the basement. He was just gonna run it right down the side of the house. No thank you!

No... I didnt get it.. But I do love how it stores all prime time (locals) in Queue for almost 2 weeks.
That saves a lot of time. Also opend up more possibilities for recording other shows on premium channels.

I like it though. Still takin time to get fully adjusted. But its very similar to the HD set-up we had. Just a lot more options... ;)

No... I didnt get it.. But I do love how it stores all prime time (locals) in Queue for almost 2 weeks.
That saves a lot of time. Also opend up more possibilities for recording other shows on premium channels.

I like it though. Still takin time to get fully adjusted. But its very similar to the HD set-up we had. Just a lot more options... ;)
And a lot cheaper too probably!

Status
Not open for further replies.