1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I hate this Harmon

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Kenwheeler, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    Harman has not changed the supplier of any of their motors, to my knowledge...Fasco,Dayton, Gleason Avery..same same. Some 95%+ of blower motors I replace are killed my rabid dust bunnies....sharp pointy teeth.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoker62

smoker62 New Member

Loc:
    Kenosha, WI.
    Exactly, tires were a bad example. I dont think anyone would blame a brand auto for a bad tire. But any other component on that auto breaks prematurely , more than once , you will blame the manfg. . I doubt if your XYZ Autos electrical system gave you troubles in and out you would say its a lemon , dont buy this brand , piece of garbage, merely by the frustration. Chances are they outsourced the wiring harness and other electrical components to Qoung Dong Electric. Your saying dont blame brand XYZ Auto, just blame Quong Dong ? I doubt that.

3. gbreda

gbreda Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Must be one of them 1 Tun Supersax

To the OP, sorry about the issues your having....kinda stinks
  4. lbcynya

lbcynya Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Michigan
    That's where you and I differ. Maybe that's where our experience differs... I've inspected and researched just about every main component on my stove and Harman has and still does use quality parts. Quality of construction is second to none and ESP control is a thing of beauty. But, everything will fail eventually. Some fail early, some fail late. In the most simplistic terms, it's luck of the draw or law of averages. Trashing a product over a failure which is bound to happen is being a bit juvenile, IMO. I choose not to live my life that way and I'm not one to hand out sympathy in lieu of facts. We're all entitled... If you want simple, buy a cord wood stove (as noted above) and forget all this fancy pellet gismotronic stuff. Use a couple cans with a string over a cell phone... Everything has a price...

So, let me ask a question - Let's say Harman came up with a P68 stove that would never have a failure, ever - How much would you pay for it? $10k, 15k?, 20k?, more?
  5. smoke show

smoke show Guest

That must be one heavy sax.

Attached Files:

6. Kenwheeler

Kenwheeler New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    Unlike you, I'm not a person that tears apart everything I buy just to see how it works. I find that to be kind of juvenile. I know how to take care of my stuff. I follow the OWNERs MANUAL. How much would I pay for a stove that works? Not sure, I paid $3500 for a Harmon stove that didn't work when I got it and broke down 2 years after that. I bet the next stove doesn't cost near as much. Maybe I'll just chiesel off the name and attach it to the new brand because that's all I paid for with that crappy Harmon.
  7. greg13

greg13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CNY
    Bottom line is that I don't care what brand of stove you have, If you have failures a month after the warranty expires the dealer SHOULD do something to help. That's just plain good business and the right thing to do.
  8. Outerlimits

Outerlimits Member

Loc:
    West MI
    I don't like Harmon either, but I do like Harman. Knock off companies these days. I bet Harmon is made in China too.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    How much difference can there really be between stoves if they all have the same internal parts???
  10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Come now, you don't really want to go there at all, do you?
  11. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

If he does? ? ? Let us know. I will get the Popcorn. ;-P
  12. Hitch

Hitch Member

Loc:
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    If anyone knows how to make Hermoan, please let me know. I haven't figured that part out yet. :)
  13. IHATEPROPANE

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    I bet it would get interesting, but I don't want to change the direction of the thread....
  14. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    O' come now it could be fun! ;-)

Did someone say popcorn! Mmmmm love popcorn and a good show!

Speaking of show where the heck is he? :cheese:
  15. IHATEPROPANE

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    I brought up the point in another thread...hopefully there is some useful feed back that will help current and future pellet stove owners.
  16. mjbrown

mjbrown Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Hartland,Me.
    i tried burning pallets in my harmin....but they wouldnt fit in the hopper!
  17. lbcynya

lbcynya Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Michigan
    Geez, it's been in front of us the whole time and I'm embarrassed that I missed it. You must have paid too much for a cheap knockoff called a Harmon. I think those are made in Nigria or Jamaica.

Here I thought you had a Harman. In that case, Dex will give you a cool $500 for it and you can go get yourself a real stove. Problem solved...I'm out. Enjoy your $3500 paperweight.
  18. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Someone mentions a change of thread direction and you think of me?
  19. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Your the 1st that comes to mind. . . ;-P

Ibcynya - I would def give $500. Or trade??? I have a Great working Quad that has had NO issues.

Just sayin.....
  20. smoke show

smoke show Guest

No issues at all?

just askin....
  21. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Nope...

Well... I changed the ignitor out and the Door gasket at the end of last season. Old ignitor is still good. Had 3 misfires last season. Did it as a P.M.
    Gasket was Bad.... But other than that... No problems. At all. Other than I want another stove....

Thats it... Period. Im one of the few to sell a good working stove, with lots of parts, to get a better stove. With more users input.

Dont use it much at all now. Because of furnace. But I still want a freestanding upstairs for warmer nights , around 35°-40°.
  22. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    In your opinion...How many months after the warranty expires, is the dealer responsible??

At Dex, don't be so quick to sell your stove, I was counting (hopefully) on taking that stove off your hands when you sell it...My barn is begging me for some heat!!
  23. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Had to ask, lotsa quad haters lately.

At least its not a Whoremoan. :lol:

Thats your opinion, and I respect that.
  24. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio

Just what I suspected...SE PA, In the SW, corner of the state, all the men know how to make Hermoan... Stomp on her toes and she will squeal like a stuck pig!!!
  25. 3650

3650 Member

Loc:
    midwest
    im not crazy about my harman either, thats why its a back up to my cumberland.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.