1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I have a few questions about working in the pellet stove field

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by sheetmetaldan, Apr 18, 2013.

1. sheetmetaldan

sheetmetaldan New Member

Loc:
    Acushnet, Ma
    I have been out of work for a little while now and sick of waiting for a return to work callback.So I am thinking about maybe trying to get into the pellet stove field and expand my employment prospects. I currently hold unrestricted sheetmetal mechanic licenses in Massachusetts and Rhode Island which would allow me to perform stove installations and venting jobs.I am OSHA 10 certified as well. I have over 25 years experience in my trade as a sheetmetal worker. I have my own tools, reliable transportation solid work ethic and not afraid to work hard or get dirty. Now that spring is here I assume this is considered the slow time of year or do people get cleanings done now keeping pellet stove techs busy? I would not want to be in business for myself ,but rather work for an established company full/part time or even on an as needed basis. If I can be of use to any stove shops in the Southcoast Ma. area let me know and we can make arrangements for a proper interview.

If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate it.
    Thanks Dan!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    you should give scott williamson a buzz.he is in rehobeth and a stand up guy if ever there was one.hes always busy and being self employed myself i know 1st hand that good help is hard to find these days.sounds like you may be a good fit for what scott needs.good luck.