I have a Harman XXV cleaning question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spud14901

Oct 9, 2011
South East NH
I am doing the annual cleaning if my Harman XXV Stove. It is not very hard but the directions say to remove the right rear panel to locate it. I did that as I had to do that in order to clean the fan unit and clean the chimney pipe. The problem is that I cannot locate the Feeder cover to vacuum the fines. The directions say that both rear panels have screws to remove the panels but only the right side has two screws. The left side has rivets and I cannot get the left rear panel off. Can anybody help?

Thats odd. Mine has screws like the book says.

For help, always post pictures. They speak a 1,000 words, hopefully someone can help you out.

The fine box is just above the chain on the left side as you are looking from the back. I had a hard time looking for it this year as well....thought it was easier to get to last time for some reason. Mine also has screws for the two back panes to come off. Make sure you loosen the bottom rail (should have 3 screws) to make it easier to get the other panels off.

The fines box is located on the right side of the stove(as you face the front of the stove) in the rear. The distinctive feature of the fines box cover is that it has a large silver wingnut holding the cover on.

The fine box is just above the chain on the left side as you are looking from the back. I had a hard time looking for it this year as well....thought it was easier to get to last time for some reason. Mine also has screws for the two back panes to come off. Make sure you loosen the bottom rail (should have 3 screws) to make it easier to get the other panels off.
The XXV still uses a chain drive?

they stopped doing the chain drive a few years ago with the advent of the Ultralight feed system........you'll know pretty fast which you have......there are TWO panels on the rear which come off, both are held in place by screws....once you remove them both, you'll see the fines cover on the left (facing the stove from the rear).....FWIW, its in roughly the same place whether its a chain drive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.