I Have A New Appreciation For THe NC-13

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
I knew it was an awesome heater, but ...

Wind chill of 15F here in Icey Hollow today. Loaded up the PE before I left for work, shut her down at 8:30 AM. late night at work, then barn duty. I was gone for 11 hours. Murphy was shivering (fox terrier, loves heat ) when I got home :mad:.

Tenant was off today, and maintained the 13. He came in to my side at 5 PM, and just put 2 splits in the PE,walked the Murph, never opened the air (he didn't know that the stoves work differently, since rectified that problem, explained air control, etc). I came home to smoldering insert and 58F house.

Rectified the PE smoldering issue, and waited for the PE to kick in. Tenant came in to see how things were going and asked why so cold in here? (Love the tenant, he's the Phillipino son I never had, a good friend of the Dixette :)).

We opened the connecting door, I turned another ceiling fan on, and in 1 hour this place is up to 72F. temps in the apartment were 75F when we started this venture, and it's still 75F in there..Tenant was in a T shirt and flip flops when he came in, I was sitting here in thermals, jeans, turtleneck, sweat shirt, and 2 layers of thermal socks :mad:

Update, as I've posted, temps up to 74F in the main house with 20F plus wind chill outside!

Couldn't have done it with out seasoned firewood ;)

Reactions: dafattkidd
It's the little stove that could. Seasoned wood rules.

Reactions: Dix
Long split ranch, pretty much 1000 SF on each level. The heat is just rolling upstairs.

The warm air is just rolling through, and up the stairs, and assisting the PE to bring up temps.

Working on the coal bed in the PE now, and it'll do it's job tonight (15F plus wind chill tonight, the 40F Saturday, and 50F Sunday during the day, 50's & 60's next week during the day).

So glad I have the back up, on many, many levels.

Good to hear it's working out for ya Dix.

And I was shopping for a 3rd stove !!

;)

Have you hugged a Flip today? Had to say that. Have bunch in the extended family down in Texas now.

Reactions: Dix
Status
Not open for further replies.