I have a new Elm stove and we love it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an Ashtrapper to clean out mine and it works great. Couldn't be any easier and no mess.

Anyone know about the retrofit set up and tubes the guy in the utube vid is talking about? Would love to get a better secondary burn out of my 1984 jotul 3.

bigealta said:
Anyone know about the retrofit set up and tubes the guy in the utube vid is talking about? Would love to get a better secondary burn out of my 1984 jotul 3.

Then drill some holes in it and get some cast pipe and go to town. I did it in an old furnace and the secondaries lit up like a blow torch. good luck and it will most likely void your UL listing...but I am not insured on the carriage barn.

This is what I did and it worked out well with cast iron scrap pipe...good luck and it is a neat site for us part time coal burners
http://nepacrossroads.com/about2066.html#p13410

Hey, that looks pretty cool.

Ratman said:
This is my favorite thread and my favorite stove.
No black cube for me either.
When my Energy Harvester goes I'm buying an ELM.

Storm drain pipe needs a home too. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Ratman said:
This is my favorite thread and my favorite stove.
No black cube for me either.
When my Energy Harvester goes I'm buying an ELM.

Storm drain pipe needs a home too. :lol:

hehehe
Hi Bart..I don't get it?

I didn't know municipalities use 1/4" sheet steel precisely rolled into a cylinder and specially welded to address high heat and stress. Man, those are some pretty incredible storm drains out there.

And pie plates for man hole covers. Sure they do.

That's funny. I never saw a bump in the road caused by a Pyrex man-hole cover. They all look rather flat and mundane to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.