I HAVE REACHED THE SUMMIT !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Sep 20, 2006
Southern Ontario
Well she is finally here and I am stoked... Pacific Energy Summit Classic in black with polished nickel trim, just in time too, with are first cold snap last night of -11C.

I agonized over this stove or the spectrum and I definitely picked the right one, the spec would have been to small. The heat moves very well thru the house with a ceiling fan in the stove room and a eco-fan on the stove top, I am very impressed how comfortable the heat is next to the stove. I was actually expecting a little more, don't get me wrong it put's out plenty O'heat but the stove body is not as hot as I thought it would be.

Here is a pic, as you can see the area around the stove in not finished(give me a break we have not even unpacked from the move yet) I removed the five year old heat n glow gas fireplace that was there, and was lucky enough that there was enough tiles under the stairs left by the builder to continue flush were the gas unit was. I was pressed for time during all this
(I HATE MOVING) finished the drywall and first coat of mud 2 hours before the installers arrived.

Second break in fire
img1452fa6.jpg

That is one beautiful stove. Great choice!

heydan said:
Looks pretty close to the wall in back. What clearances are required?

4" is required, I am almost 8"

Looks real good although small. I thought the summit was a really big stove.

I like the nickel color. Nice change from the usual brass.

Good luck staying warm.

Carpniels

carpniels said:
Looks real good although small. I thought the summit was a really big stove.

I like the nickel color. Nice change from the usual brass.

Good luck staying warm.

Carpniels

That is a big stove. About 480 pounds worth and a 3 cubic foot firebox.

“Black Beauty” looks great Gunner ,nickel looks awesome with black porcelain enamel. I'm glad you love the stove and you should get many years of service out of that bad boy.

Thanks for the input of your observations of the heat output per the Summit , the thicker steel body displaces heat in a different way than does the thinner steel stoves that gave the steel stove the bad rap for a heat box that blast you out of the area. You'll also notice how long the stove holds heat after the fire is gone and the coal are almost all ash.

keep us posted on the stove and pictures as you go , i think its going to look great in the corner when all is said and done.

BTW , Did you get the fan option or get any stove fan for the stove?

Roospike said:
“Black Beauty” looks great Gunner ,nickel looks awesome with black porcelain enamel. I'm glad you love the stove and you should get many years of service out of that bad boy.

Thanks for the input of your observations of the heat output per the Summit , the thicker steel body displaces heat in a different way than does the thinner steel stoves that gave the steel stove the bad rap for a heat box that blast you out of the area. You'll also notice how long the stove holds heat after the fire is gone and the coal are almost all ash.

keep us posted on the stove and pictures as you go , i think its going to look great in the corner when all is said and done.

BTW , Did you get the fan option or get any stove fan for the stove?

There is an eco fan in the pic, it's the larger one, not only is it dead quiet but it's great for gauging the temp by the blade speed.

I guess the thicker steel and the fact that it is basically a box inside a box make the heat very even.

Did you know they changed the handle/latch...it's now called "Easy Glide" and has a steel roller to make closing the door smooooothhhhh.

He is a pic of the new roller they added to aid in silky smooth door closure.

Gunner said:
He is a pic of the new roller they added to aid in silky smooth door closure.

That is so cool , not that the older one was bad but over time it will start to wear. nice improvement.

I bet the steel handle with a roller ball is an orderable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.