I have to get this leak around window fixed. Holy . . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
It is getting colder and I have a slight leak around the window that is right next to my Ashley recliner chair. It is about 10 ::Fon my back porch right now and and wind chill makes it even colder. I have a slight leak around the window next to my chair and unfortunately it is all finished off nicely. Felt the leak of course the first winter after the contractors were done and gone for six months. This was many, many years ago. Not bad most of the time, but when it gets down below 20::Fyou really start to feel it. Time for me to figure out how to stop it. Might have to pull the nice Cherry molding off and cut the sheetrock around it back a little and use some foam. <>

Our son had to do that in his home. MAJOR difference after he did it and it really wasn't a costly update.

Our best update so far was a newer style storm door for the living room. The door wraps around the frame and magnetic seal - no air infiltration now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.