I heard a loud "clank" the other night...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Sometime in the wee hours I heard a fairly distinct "clank"...I was too lazy to get up to see what it was but in the morning I saw what looked like a 10" build-up of ash on my stove's glass door.

Turned out the upper baffle inside the stove fell out of it's bracket and slid down the front of the stove... after walking past the stove a few times i shut it down, let it cool and opened it up...voila!!!! never saw that before.

Since I was going to get dirty anyway, I got out the leafblower, hammer (to bang on the walls of the firebox) and vacuum and cleaned the darn thing.

We're back on-line and staying cozy... pretty EZ 'cuz the weather guru is predicting 50's all this weekend and into next week...

krooser said:
Sometime in the wee hours I heard a fairly distinct "clank"...I was too lazy to get up to see what it was.....

I thought Santa had gotten lost after a bender, and decided he liked your roof and vent pipe. ;-P

he would have had to crawl thru the wall....

Santa Claus is going to have to lose some weight to get down a 3" or 4" pellet pipe. Maybe they could make pellets out of reindeer droppings? Just kidding.

He's got "magic dust"....

I woke up and heard a loud clank and saw my wife standing next to the bed with a cleaver. She told me that 2AM was the perfect time to start chopping meat. I havent slept well since

Franks said:
I woke up and heard a loud clank and saw my wife standing next to the bed with a cleaver. She told me that 2AM was the perfect time to start chopping meat. I havent slept well since
That wasn't Beaver Cleaver was it?

krooser said:
Franks said:
That wasn't Beaver Cleaver was it?

I guess...more or less...depending on how you look at it...it was.

"Hey. nice beaver" "Thanks, I just had it stuffed"

Status
Not open for further replies.